Author Topic: how can i uninstall?  (Read 10076 times)

luvvbuzz

how can i uninstall?
« on: December 16, 2003, 09:27:03 PM »
i have used avast home 4 for the last 4-5 days. i dont like it and it has caused issues on my computer. i want to uninstall it. i cant find an uninstall within avast itself. i tried using windows me add/remove programs but the avast says that it cannot uninstall. i have disabled avast in my start up sequence by deselecting it using the command msconig at the start/run command. now it doesnt load up avast, which is good. now all i want to do is get avast off of my computer. please help me out here?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:how can i uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 09:31:58 PM »
run this http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1336.html
that should do it
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 09:35:26 PM »
i have used avast home 4 for the last 4-5 days. i dont like it and it has caused issues on my computer. i want to uninstall it.

You can use avast 4.0 Uninstall Complete removal of avast! antivirus.  :'(

What issues were you talking about?  ;)
Let us try to help you with this great av program called avast  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 09:38:06 PM »
thats what I linked to tech  :P
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 09:48:14 PM »
thats what I linked to tech  :P

I know, I just ask why he/she is doing this crazy thing: desintalling avast  ;D

luvvbuzz

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 09:58:23 PM »
i couldnt get my router working so i couldnt use the internet. when it did get it to work the avast popped up with an error message which is described in my previous thread. then i disabled avast and my router worked ok and i was able to use the internet again. this program seems to be too much trouble. i may switch back to avg now, at least that was trouble free and easy to use!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 01:17:49 AM »
i couldnt get my router working so i couldnt use the internet. when it did get it to work the avast popped up with an error message which is described in my previous thread. then i disabled avast and my router worked ok and i was able to use the internet again. this program seems to be too much trouble. i may switch back to avg now, at least that was trouble free and easy to use!!!

I don't think avast is troubled and difficult to use. Anyway, avg (free) has so few options of configuration and the update proccess is quite odd comparing to avast. Excuse me, but what you call 'your router', your ISP, your proxy filter... If you want, we can help you do get avast running smoothly at your system. I can bet it  ;)

luvvbuzz

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 02:14:18 AM »
my router is an adsl modem/router it is an origo 8400. when i have avast installed it teels me there was an error updating. i have posted all this b4 but you didnt help me much so i gave up. you tell me how to configure your program for my router and i will try it again, but i am not an expert, so this is why i said avg was easier for me, as it is all automatic. the error message that pops up has hyperlink text on it, so i click on it but it doesnt tell me what the error is or how to fix it. it doesnt like my router.

Culpeper

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 06:20:03 AM »
I've always been an advocate of Avast but if you feel it is not working with your set up and you're tired of messing with it and you found something else that works and your comfortable with it than that is what it is all about.  Did that sentence make any sense at all?? ???

luvvbuzz

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 09:15:11 AM »
not really no

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 11:43:32 AM »
i have posted all this b4 but you didnt help me much so i gave up

Sorry, I tried...  :'(
Anyway, I think you must configurate avast to use the permanent connection: Settings > Update (Advanced.
You can add to the avast4.ini file at section [AAVM] the following line:
SuppressUpdateErrorInfo=1

Your system will be updated each 4 hours. avast is configurated to update after a delay of 20 seconds after it was started. Anyway, you can use manual update too.

Hope this help  :-*