Author Topic: trojan horse  (Read 7319 times)

timcan

Re: trojan horse
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 04:49:30 PM »
Hi saintdale,most likely your linksys router does have firewall,but inbound only.Luckly you had a good av to catch this malware trying to connect out. 8) There are several free software firewalls available to choose from that provide outbound protection to give an extra layer of security.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
Most hardware routers that have a firewall only protect against inbound threats, so unless your explicitly states it provides outbound protection, I would say it doesn't.

Zone Alarm free http://www.zonelabs.com works fine with avast and has a reasonably friendly user interface.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 05:33:35 PM »
Hello saintdale,

People cannot go out on the Internet these days without proper protection. What is this coming down to? Well only one, and I repeat one, resident anti-virus program, one and only one firewall solution. An anti-trojan program like Ewido or on an older OS a-squared free. And a solution to ward off adware/spyware/scumware, the three free programs: Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster. The latter programs only to be installed when the system has been fully cleaned. What you could do to see whether the system is free of malware: download DrWebCureIt and scan all of your computer with it, download spywareaudit and scan all of your computer with it. No traces of malware, tracking cookies etc. Oh and keep the crap out from your machine by downloading and installing CCleaner. Surf safe - stay secure!

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

CharleyO

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 07:36:34 PM »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your post as it is a little clearer than mine above it.    :)

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=20141.msg168809#msg168809

That was what I was trying to indicate in my post.    ;)

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 08:16:22 PM »
No problemO CharleyO!  :D

Here's Igor's original confirmation that Trojan downloaders already on the computer may trigger the 'Abort Connection' alert.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=18293.msg155804#msg155804

Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog