Author Topic: Quick, maybe stupid, question about posting  (Read 7039 times)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Quick, maybe stupid, question about posting
« on: December 16, 2003, 09:30:16 PM »
Hi,

I couldn't find this in the YaBB Help (which of course doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there), and it's probably obvious to anyone but me, but...

Am I correct that a reply posted in anything other than a sticky topic will "bump" that topic back up to the top of the list, or more accurately to just under the sticky topics?

In other words, I don't have to hunt through multiple pages of topics looking for those "New" tags?

Thanks, and best,
Mike
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 09:31:28 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Quick, maybe stupid, question about posting
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 09:39:20 PM »
it puts the topic under the sticky ones  :)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 09:53:44 PM »
Hi,

I couldn't find this in the YaBB Help (which of course doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there), and it's probably obvious to anyone but me, but...

Am I correct that a reply posted in anything other than a sticky topic will "bump" that topic back up to the top of the list, or more accurately to just under the sticky topics?

In other words, I don't have to hunt through multiple pages of topics looking for those "New" tags?

Thanks, and best,
Mike

Could you rephrase, I could not understand...
I still look for that 'New' flag near to the title of the topic to see what is really new for me...
How do you exactly 'bring' all new topics to the top?
The best things in life are free.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 09:54:50 PM »
it puts them there all new and ones with new replies or it does on  mozilla for mac OS
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 10:08:26 PM »
it puts them there all new and ones with new replies or it does on  mozilla for mac OS

Please Mac: HOW?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 11:53:42 PM »
Maybe Mac can come up with a nice complex technical answer for you, Technical -- but I'll give you the nice simple one even I can figure out:  it's built into the YaBB software, and is probably totally ignorant of what browser (or even OS) you're using.

At least one other place I visit regularly (and which uses Info-Pop, not YaBB), if someone's getting impatient for a reply they often post a simple "bump" reply if it looks like the topic's sliding too far down to attract attention.

And thanks, guys, for the answer to my original question (whatever that was  ;D )
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 12:11:21 AM »
mike said it best  :) I applaud you for the help
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 12:12:03 AM by MacLover2000 »