Author Topic: No license found - paid apps are gone  (Read 6510 times)

REDACTED

No license found - paid apps are gone
« on: April 29, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
Paid for Avast mobile security pro untill 11/2017. Recently purchased Avast cleanup. My mobile security is no longer working. It has me in the free mode. When I could on upgrade now on my Android phone & Android tablet I get a message saying Error retrieving items. Check your internet connection and try again. Please help. When I go to look at my license page it says I have none. I have PAID for both apps.

REDACTED

Re: No license found - paid apps are gone
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »
Still having trouble. Sent Avast an email on Sunday, no reply yet. Other forum post suggest clicking on "Update" button and system should see that I'm a paid subscription client. I can't get there on either my phone or tablet. I continue to get the "Error retrieving items" message. Phone is running Android version 6.0.1 and tablet is running 6.0.1 as well. Is this something to do with my Android operating system OR the fact I recently upgraded Avast Cleanup to a paid subscription? Cleanup is working fine as a paid app. I do have it set to "Auto Cleaning" but can't imagine that would have anything to do with Avast mobile security. I am puzzled why this is happening.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »
Tickets are handled within 1-5 business days (depending on how busy it is, if there are holidays etc.)
Just have patience and wait for avast to handle your ticket.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 05:29:38 PM »
Yes I am patient. Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
Okay Avast, I'm getting impatient. I am paying for an app that I cannot use. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection so the message that comes up is not valid. Please correct my account so I can regain use of this app again. Thank you.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
Hi, have you tried to clear the app data?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »
Cleared the app data. Nope.
Uninstall app & reinstall. Nope.

I've now taken to social media with unpleasant words. Avast has not responded to an email sent on April 29th. 1-5 days they say. Hum it is now May 9th. 1-5 days has passed. Issue is still there.

I'm getting a little upset...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
It is 1-5 business days and that only goes under normal circumstances, not if it is really busy.
Try what Tereza suggested, she is from avast.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 01:59:07 PM »
Hi, I can confirm the Support is rather busy now, as there were 2 days of public holidays here in the Czech Republic and we got a bit behind with our work, our apologies. Please PM me the number of your ticket, we'll find it and reply to it preferentially.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
Sent. Ticket ID is:

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
I have exactly the same issue. Can you let me know it gets resolved.

Thanks

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 02:24:42 PM »
Same issue is reported in the Japanese forum.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »
@jamesadado
We have found out you got a reply from the system, which was not able to find your licence and asked you for more details. As you did not reply, the system closed your ticket after several days. Nevertheless, a colleague of mine found the ticket and will reply to it.

Some heads up on the "loss of Pro" issue - at the moment our core team is working on it, so we all hope it gets finally fixed soon. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, we can offer a solution, which is rather long, but usually helps to restore the licence:

1. Uninstall the Avast Mobile Security app from your device

2. Clear data for Google Play Store and Google Play Services

- go to your device´s settings
- tap on "Apps"
- select "Google Play Store"
- select "Storage"- tap on "Clear Data" and "Ok"

- now go back to "Apps"
- select "Google Play services"
- select "Storage"- tap on "Clear cache" and "Ok"

3. Turn your device off and back on (this is kinda important, as it resets all the services running on background)

4. Install the Avast Mobile Security app and restore the subscription

- open the "Play Store" app in your device
- tap the "three-lines icon" in the upper left corner to bring the menu
- on the top of the menu tap your "Avatar icon" (it may be first letters of your name, your photo etc.)
- now select the Google Account you used in the past for purchase of the subscription- re-install the Avast Mobile Security app
- the license should be back there

Once again our apologies for all the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:46:27 PM by Tereza V. »

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »
Hi I'm having a similar problem,  since I upgraded clean up to pro, Antivirus has reverted to free version with ads and every time I try get activate pro I keep getting the same message "error retrieving data, check Internet connection and retry".

Obviously no Internet connection issues so not sure why I'm receiving this message, found this forum the ad and tried the steps above of uninstalling, clearing play app data and play services cache, resetting and reinstalling, for both antivirus and clean up, unfortunately to no avail. Since I can't activate pro, I no longer have linked access to direct support.

Please help, if anyone knows how to resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate some advice.