Author Topic: Crashing issue with Avast  (Read 5089 times)

Offline thirsty4souls

Crashing issue with Avast
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:18:00 AM »
Hello, I had to register in this forum since the Avast support team suggested I should get the help I need for my issue here, because I'm a free user.

I've reported the problem I've been having since the last version of the app in my phone not letting me run the scan because it would freeze and/or crash. I've been helped by a member of Avast support team (I'm guessing she was from the support team), and after some tests she came to the conclusion that I needed to wait for some of the next updates for it to be fixed, since it was recognized as a bug and was planned to be fixed soon. The thing is that in this update I'm still having this problem, and when I reported it again via email as requested by this person who helped me before, I got an automated reply saying they didn't find a record of my license, so I should seek for help in the site's FAQ or here at this forum.

So here I am. May I get some help, please?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Crashing issue with Avast
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »
Hi, I guess it was me, but I need you to remind me what exactly the problem was, when it started and what type of device, app and android version you have, or if your ROM has been modified. Then I can try to get someone to help you.

Offline thirsty4souls

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
Hi Tereza, sorry for taking so long to answer.
Yes, it was you who helped me the last time. The problem was that I couldn't run a proper analysis of my phone or even open the app because it used to freeze and/or crash when I tried to do so.
I can't recall exactly when it started, because it was at least a couple of months ago when I wrote the review at the Google Play Store, and I didn't think it was a bug or something back then, it has been acting like that for some time before I decided to report it. My device is a cellphone Samsung Galaxy Young 2 (SM-G130M), Android version 4.4.2 and Avast Mobile Security version 6.0.1 (but it has been acting like this since at least two updates before this last one). And my ROM hasn't been modified.

Again, sorry for the long wait for the reply, and tanks for your help.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:18:55 PM by thirsty4souls »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »
Hi again, you have probably tried to clear the app data, but please try again:

- open Settings in your mobile device
- go to ""Apps"" (this may differ on some Android versions - simply where all your apps are listed)
- tap ""Avast Mobile Security""
- tap ""CLEAR DATA"" and ""OK""

If it doesn't help, you can try a clear re-install:

- uninstall the app
- turn the device off and back on (this will reset all background processes)
- re-install the latest version from Google Play

Please let me know, if it helped.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:10:46 AM »
Hi I have the same issue. Since the last update my Phone keeps crashing.  It actually doesn't matter what app I use from Avast. Going to uninstall them all now. Please contact me by email for support as will now have to go to my PC. Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »
If you want support it is you who needs to contact avast, not the other way around.