Author Topic: Internet download speed DRAMATICALLY diminished  (Read 4044 times)

REDACTED

Internet download speed DRAMATICALLY diminished
« on: April 29, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »
I realize that download speeds must be lower with encryption. However, download speeds for me are down from  2-5 MB/s, to 100-250 kB/s, which feels like going back to the stone age.

I use the "optimal" connection, but have tried others as well, with no improvement. Is this what I should expect from now on for the money I paid?

Kind regards, L.

Offline krahulik

Re: Internet download speed DRAMATICALLY diminished
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »
Hello, thank you for letting us know. I will ask cloud operations to investigate the issue. Which locations have you tried?

Best Regards,
  Martin

REDACTED

Re: Internet download speed DRAMATICALLY diminished
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 10:14:41 AM »
I tried Stockholm, New York + Optimal (mostly). Much the same all over. And I should correct the figures: After testing with/without Avast VPN download speed typically goes down from 1.4 MB/s to 400 kB/s. Is this typical?

Another feature which irritates me: If I start the download with VPN connected, there is often virtually NO SPEED AT ALL, while if I start the download without VPN and let it build up to the typical figure of 1.4 MB/s, and THEN connects VPN, then I will average 400 kB/s - otherwise no download at all.

How should I proceed? - L.