Author Topic: Avast Error 3 when scanning game folders  (Read 7455 times)

REDACTED

Avast Error 3 when scanning game folders
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »
I downloaded a game from Steam the other day and decided to scan my Steam folder just in case, I ran scan folders and checked only the game folders and to my surprise the results included several errors, Error 3 to be exact, each time I scan the folders I kept getting the same error 3 but with different locations and files. I rebooted my PC but still the same...
I know someone else might have already posted about this error here but I don't understand how I get different results each time I scan the same folders...

Should I be worried?

P.S. I also forgot to mention I reinstalled Avast completely and still get these errors...

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast Error 3 when scanning game folders
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:04:20 AM »
What OS?
Any other security software you have now or ever had?
If uninstalled how was it removed?

Did you use the avast online or offline installer?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »
Windows 7.

Just Avast.

Just ran the uninstall...

I downloaded the file from the official site and installed it, don't know which installer that means.

Just ran another scan on the entire Steam folder and got only 1 error about a decompressed file. When I scan folders inside the main one I always get the error 3 thing, it shows file paths that don't make any sense...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 12:33:39 AM »
On-line installer is about 6MB and you need to be on-line for the stub installer to download the avast components.

The off-line installer is in the region of 276MB (depending on your version of avast) and it can install everything without having to be on-line.

See https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=199715.0 for the direct download locations, choose the off-line installation file for your version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:05:40 PM »
Just ran a scan on one of the folders and this is what I got from the report file:

D:\SteamLibr\common\Unturned\Bundles\Items\Shirts\Samurai_Top\Samurai_Top.dat [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\steamapps\common\Unturned\Bundles\Objects\Medium\Business\Scaffhold_2\Scaffhold_2.dat [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\common\Unturned\Bundles\Objects\Medium\Traffic\Fire_Hydrant_0\English.dat [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\steamapps\common\Unturned\Maps\Russia\Foliage\Tile_-26_52.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\My Pictures\My Pics\me\DSC00028.JPG\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\Unturned\Maps\Russia\Foliage\Tile_-28_-48.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\Unturned\Maps\Russia\Foliage\Tile_-28_49.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\steamapps\common\Unturned\Maps\Russia\Foliage\Tile_-31_-61.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\steamapps\common\Unturned\Maps\Washington\Foliage\Tile_-4_-13.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\STEAML\Unturned\Maps\Washington\Foliage\Tile_4_4.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibr\common\Unturned\Maps\Yukon\Foliage\Tile_-17_-17.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\common\Unturned\Maps\Yukon\Foliage\Tile_-1_-14.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibr\common\Unturned\Maps\Yukon\Foliage\Tile_-23_15.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)

See how the path is messed up? The game folder is in D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common but I get all these crazy results.

This is not about how Avast can't scan the file it's about why the paths are so messed up...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »
Are the files there when you look for them ?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »
Are the files there when you look for them ?

Yes! I scan them several times and each time I get different paths like these that make no sense.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
Here I scanned it right now and got this:

D:\SteamLibraryD\common\Unturned\Bundles\Items\Food\Sandwich_Cheese\Sandwich_Cheese.dat [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\steamapps\common\Unturned\Bundles\Spawns\Vehicles\Washington_Jetski\Washington_Jetski.dat [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\Unturned\Maps\Washington\Foliage\Tile_26_22.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)
D:\SteamLibraryD\Unturned\Maps\Washington\Foliage\Tile_27_-4.foliage [E] Системата не може да намери указания път (3)

See the paths are different again, this is the same folder and yet I get different results...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »
I'm not asking if you get different paths, but if the files are actually there or not.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
I'm not asking if you get different paths, but if the files are actually there or not.

They are in the path I installed them (D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common) while the paths I get from report file don't exist at all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 06:35:53 PM »
So, the answer is no.
That is why avast gives that message.
The files are simply not there when avast tries to scan them.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
So, the answer is no.
That is why avast gives that message.
The files are simply not there when avast tries to scan them.

Why do I get these messed up paths then? Doesn't avast scan the folder I choose, according to these results it scans paths that don't exist... Also why do I get different ones each time I scan the same folder and why only on some games?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »
are these games you need to be online to play?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 06:49:32 PM »
are these games you need to be online to play?

All Steam games can only be opened after you go online, so yes. But I don't get this error on all the Steam games just some.