Author Topic: X64 pc freezes at login....  (Read 2881 times)

darellc

X64 pc freezes at login....
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:12:02 AM »
I totally love avast, i am(was) using it on my x64 PC with windowsXP64 . A week ago i downloaded, installed, used it and everything worked great. Two days later when i would try to login, my PC would freeze at the welcome screen, when it was loading user defaults etc.. I tried a windows repair..... no change, same freeze...So i reinstalled 3 days ago. Got my PC running great again, and downloaded, installed, and used avast, it worked great. yesterday worked great. Today i get home start it up, and guess what, I couldn't login... so i booted in safe mode, realized avast was about the only thing on my computer, so i uninstalled it.... Booted right up logged in, no problems. I would love to hear if anyone else is having the same probs. Or what i can do, because I love the program and want it back.

Thanks,
 Darell

justin1278

Re: X64 pc freezes at login....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:43:16 AM »
Hi,

Have you had any previous antiviruses like Norton or McAfee? Do you have any other antivirus running along with avast! like AVG?

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:17:51 PM »

Welcome to the forums, darellc.    :)

You might use the Search button at the top of the page and search for x64 or XP64. There have been other discussion about XP64 and avast. Perhaps there is info in one of them that will help you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:23:32 AM »
What's the computer hardware configuration?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 09:07:11 AM »
Don't you have, by any chance, the game called "Sacred Underworld" installed on your machine?

Thanks
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.