Author Topic: NEW version: Avast 17.4.2294  (Read 98009 times)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: NEW version: Avast 17.4.2294
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 10:21:19 AM »
Hello,

Same problem here with Overwatch  :(. Problems to run it, freezes during games, which dissapear when disabling the agents
I will try to repair Avast, and keep you update.

Refer to this thread:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=201784.0
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
This update broke something.

If IDM is loaded on boot with autostart it is fine.
If i re-launch IDM it someone became a new process and the system will lag until it verifies the old process is there and close the overlapping one.
If i close it completely and launch it will eat up 25% of my CPU for 30 seconds, sometimes it will not load at all.
While it successfully loaded after much time, everything performed on IDM lags and takes lots of time. Opening the folder path will lag for 10 seconds.

To verify it is avast issue, i disable file shield and the process launch immediately without any issue. And every issue reported about slowless is also gone when file shield is off.

Re-enable and issue comes back.

I tried to fix it by excluding folder, turning off scan while opening, turning off DLL scan, nothing works, only by turning off and basically disabling avast altogether.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:15:17 PM by avast-user-01 »

Offline Madmotoqueiro

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
My PC simply got absolutely crazy with this update. I had heavy problems with it. Also the AVAST INTERNET SECURITY did'nt open anymore and I could'nt uninstall it with Avastclear.exe.
The only way I was successfull was using the RESTORE of my Windows 7.
BE AWARE OF IT.

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
Hello I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH THIS VERSION. My users have a webcam that is used from a desktop application, with the update, the webcam stopped working. When I uninstall Avast it returns to normal, but if I re-install it it is damaged again.

¡HELP ME PLEASE !

This problem occurs in 200 computers of my users and the number is increasing, all computers have Windows as their operating system.

Offline Sugram22

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 09:25:51 PM »
i just noticed update is available when i opened avast & new i came here & see a lot of negative comments & new i feel like i should skip this version cause i have no stomach to deal with avast team mess up, good that i decided to look here before doing anything, i use free ver
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:05:52 AM by Sugram22 »

Offline noelrojasc

• Usuario desde la versión 5
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 05:47:51 AM »
I updated this afternoon but I can't see any changes from the previous version.

True.
DELL Optiplex 790, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits, Avast Free.

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 07:25:47 AM »
I am having the same problem others are reporting with other browsers and Windows versions - am running Windows 7 with all updates and Chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit).  When Web Shield is on, all web sites time out and can not displayed; toggle it off and the browser runs fine.    Turn it back on and they all time out again.

I did a 'Repair' installation with no joy.  Looks like this version has some serious problems. 

Offline praesesza

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
I'm unable to upgrade to this version (Free) from 17.3 without an internet connection on Windows XP SP3. This PC is not connected to the internet ever, but can see some USB flash drive traffic so I need to have A/V installed on it which I manually update.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
Thanks for update. I did clean install.  Here are some bugs i found:
1. Scanning files inside virus chest still not working.
2. When scanning by Smart scan or other virus tests, progress popup percentage does not match with percentage in main window. Also if i close popup, it reopen again sometimes.
3. When opening Notifications, it opens like game with 10 FPS. I think whole gui is slow but most noticeable is in notifications.
4. Selfdef.log contain this (Czech langugage) "Přístup pro zápis do souboru \Device\HarddiskVolume3\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\settings.manifest odepřen. [C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\avast! Antivirus\backup.exe][2]" Also i have no file called settings.manifest in this location.

I would like to know if someone found those issues too. Thank you.

Hi,

ad 2) we are working on the popup right now, it should be fixed in next version
ad 3) what is your PC specification please? are other animations in UI also slow for you?

Offline Morro41

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
In the attachment it show the latest version. After the update and restarting my desktop I performed a smart scan. ( to see if the details could now be viewed. ) But after the update their was no log of a smart scan in the notification tab? So I tried it a second time, but I got the same result ... no log of a smart scan in the notification tab?

Also the older smart scan logs still restart the smart scan as before. Although that might be because they where done before the update, and as such are not influenced by the update. But still ... no new smart scan log after two smart scans?  ??? ( After the update, and restarting my desktop. )

This is still happening no matter how often I do a smart scan.
Windows 10 64bit /MSI Z370 Codex Gaming XE Desktop i5-9600K CPU 3.70GHz /16 GB DDR4 Memory /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics card /256 GB SSD /1TB HDD/External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device

Offline bruce_b

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »
I'm unable to upgrade to this version (Free) from 17.3 without an internet connection on Windows XP SP3. This PC is not connected to the internet ever, but can see some USB flash drive traffic so I need to have A/V installed on it which I manually update.

Try downloading the Full Offline Installer for the Avast Free 17.4.2294 from the links in post #1
It should install fine. This is one reason I do not like Stub Installers and always take the full offline version when I can.
Dell Dimension 8200 P4 1.8Ghz Windows XP PRO SP3
Avast Free Antivirus 18.8.2356
Toshiba Satellite C855-S5347 Celeron B830 1.8Ghz
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1909 Build 18363.900
Avast Free Antivirus 20.4.2410 Build 20.4.5312.578

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »
Just to mention that I hate that now, when doing a scan via context menu (right-click explorer), scan now runs in main window instead of that nice little window.

Before the update, doing a context menu scan was very quick and snappy, now it is slow because it takes more time for the main window to load and appear.

I do quite a lot of manual scanning and the new big fat slow window makes me think of using something else.

Would be nice if there was an option to use the 'old' little window instead of the main one.

Why change something that was perfect?

Offline Morro41

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Just to mention that I hate that now, when doing a scan via context menu (right-click explorer), scan now runs in main window instead of that nice little window.

Before the update, doing a context menu scan was very quick and snappy, now it is slow because it takes more time for the main window to load and appear.

I do quite a lot of manual scanning and the new big fat slow window makes me think of using something else.

Would be nice if there was an option to use the 'old' little window instead of the main one.

Why change something that was perfect?

Just noticed that myself. I have no idea why they did that. Like you I prefer the previous context menu scan window, small and fast.
Windows 10 64bit /MSI Z370 Codex Gaming XE Desktop i5-9600K CPU 3.70GHz /16 GB DDR4 Memory /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics card /256 GB SSD /1TB HDD/External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »
In addition to Overwatch Problem (where the only way is to disable Agent during playing), i get #007 error on gmail, which disapear too with disabling agents.
Repair Avast doesn't change anything.

This version doesn't seem stable at all, is there a solution to get back to the previous, or an alternative solution?

Thanks,

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »
Hi
After the update to the new version I have got one problem when starting up my laptop I get a warning that all shields are not up. When I check it is I think it´s called in english behavirol control is not on. I turn it on and click OK and everything looks fine. But the same thing happens the next day when I start it up again. Anyone else that have the same problem and any suggestions for a solution to fix this will be appreciated. Everything else seems working fine. I have Windows 7 home premium SP1 on a sony vaio. Avast antivitus pro
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:03:34 PM by cruiser25 »