Author Topic: Low ID for eMule when Avast Firewall is on  (Read 5294 times)

REDACTED

Low ID for eMule when Avast Firewall is on
« on: May 05, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »
Hi

Recently I'm getting Low ID & "TCP test failed" in eMule.
At first I thought its about port forwarding.

But suddenly when I turned Off the Firewall of Avast Internet Security, My Low ID gets disappear. I already allowed all connection for emule in Avast Firewall.

I think this problem started about 1 month ago (when Avast Internet Security had an update), But I'm not sure about it.

I already have the last version of Avast. (17.4.2294)

So please tell me what I must change in the settings of Avast Firewall to solve this problem.

Thank u.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:11:59 PM by raya2 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Low ID for eMule when Avast Firewall is on
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 12:45:16 PM »
There have been several updates/fixes in the past month.
Make sure you have the latest version of avast installed.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
There have been several updates/fixes in the past month.
Make sure you have the latest version of avast installed.

I already have updated version of Avast. (17.4.2294)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
You'll have to go to eMule app settings in avast! and change the blocking slider and allow all connections for eMule. Then you should get High ID in eMule (you may have to restart eMule).
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
You'll have to go to eMule app settings in avast! and change the blocking slider and allow all connections for eMule. Then you should get High ID in eMule (you may have to restart eMule).

Can u show me a screenshot?
Bcuz as u can see in the pic of first post, I already pushed the slider of emule to the right and allowed all connections for it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:00:11 PM by raya2 »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 04:50:03 AM »
BUMP

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »
There was no image when i posted. Anyway...

I don't have avast! around to check, but eMule needs ICMP "access". If you can enable it somewhere, try it. Though, last time I tried, it worked just by enabling all connections. The old eMule client is a bit buggy. Try using the unofficial build, I find it more reliable when it comes to High ID: https://github.com/irwir/eMule/releases/tag/eMule_v0.50b-unofficial
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 08:24:46 AM »

I don't have avast! around to check, but eMule needs ICMP "access". If you can enable it somewhere, try it. Though, last time I tried, it worked just by enabling all connections. The old eMule client is a bit buggy. Try using the unofficial build, I find it more reliable when it comes to High ID: https://github.com/irwir/eMule/releases/tag/eMule_v0.50b-unofficial

I found the packet rules of emule in Avast Firewall & add an ICMP rule for it, But still get Low ID.

Thanks for the unofficial emule link but I assume that this problem is bcuz of Avast & not emule; Bcuz as soon as I turn off the Avast Firewall, I could get High ID!

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 02:43:23 AM »
Update:

I tried another firewall software & there is no low id with that.
So this problem, definitely is from Avast Firewall.

Still waiting for any suggestion.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 08:48:41 AM »
If you are running OS Vista or later, you can get by just fine with Windows Firewall for now.

I think you've got a part of the solution in hand as far as avast Firewall>ICMP blocks occurring.  Starting with .2291 I've been seeing multiple ICMP blocks in the block rules section whereas none were there before.  Seems to be related to streaming networking and video devices.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »
I think you've got a part of the solution in hand as far as avast Firewall>ICMP blocks occurring.  Starting with .2291 I've been seeing multiple ICMP blocks in the block rules section whereas none were there before.  Seems to be related to streaming networking and video devices.

U mean these "packet rules" that all have "Block" action?
Is it OK to remove them all? (to solve my problem)
[They can not be changed to "Allow", They just can be removed only!]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:17:24 AM by raya2 »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
I wouldn't go so far yet to allow all these connections just yet, or at least until an avast team member can reproduce and confirm these blocks are supposed to happen or are actually a bug in firewall policy.

For now I am running Windows Firewall with avast firewall not installed and monitoring what works and does not work.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
For now I am running Windows Firewall with avast firewall not installed and monitoring what works and does not work.

Does this "Windows Firewall" works like Avast Firewall? I mean, Does it automatically ask to allow or deny connection, when an app try to connect to internet? Or I must add apps manually to "Windows Firewall"?