Author Topic: [question] Does this mean the program will not work completely?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Morro41

Okay I am trying out Process hacker for a few days, just to see whether I like it better then Process Explorer. But when I start  Process hacker, Avast ( Latest version. ) gives me a small pop-up with the message as seen in the attachment. Process Hacker starts up none the less, and I can not seem to find a log of this message. I only get this with Process Hacker and no other program. Scans with Avast and Zemana show nothing bad is happening on my desktop. ( Not that it was something I was worried about in this case. )

Does this mean the program could be hampered in some way?
Windows 10 64bit /MSI Z370 Codex Gaming XE Desktop i5-9600K CPU 3.70GHz /16 GB DDR4 Memory /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics card /256 GB SSD /1TB HDD/External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device

REDACTED

Re: [question] Does this mean the program will not work completely?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »
Yes process hacker can't terminate avast processes unless you disable avast self-defense protection module that could result to malware attack to overtake the antivirus application itself.

Don't disable avast self-defense protection module.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 08:08:56 AM »
This just means Process Hacker was blocked from accessing avast! resources. But it'll work normal for everything else.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Morro41

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
Okay, thank you Invincible Pilgrim and RejZoR. :)
Windows 10 64bit /MSI Z370 Codex Gaming XE Desktop i5-9600K CPU 3.70GHz /16 GB DDR4 Memory /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics card /256 GB SSD /1TB HDD/External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device