Author Topic: New problems with each update  (Read 4765 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: New problems with each update
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 12:23:22 AM »
When Avast shows a problem as 'Resolved' (dealt with successfully) one might assume that a solution has been found. For those of us (and we are many) who are still seeing  'UI failed to load - This is really embarrassing', the problem is certainly not 'Resolved'. Perhaps someone in Avast might resolve to resolve it!!

The problem is any subsequent fixes could well have screwed the resolution, or may not resolve it if there are any other OS/system settings/installations that weren't catered for. As I have said in other topics, I haven't been effected by the UI Failed, so I don't know why it isn't everyone that is effected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tobur

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 01:08:40 AM »
When Avast shows a problem as 'Resolved' (dealt with successfully) one might assume that a solution has been found. For those of us (and we are many) who are still seeing  'UI failed to load - This is really embarrassing', the problem is certainly not 'Resolved'. Perhaps someone in Avast might resolve to resolve it!!

The problem is any subsequent fixes could well have screwed the resolution, or may not resolve it if there are any other OS/system settings/installations that weren't catered for. As I have said in other topics, I haven't been effected by the UI Failed, so I don't know why it isn't everyone that is effected.

So the problem is not 'Resolved' - as those of us Affected are well aware. I rest my case!! -  and await a 'resolution'.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:10:49 AM by Tobur »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 01:58:46 AM »

So the problem is not 'Resolved' - as those of us Affected are well aware. I rest my case!! -  and await a 'resolution'.

Well you can't change history, that is what I'm saying at that point in time avast believed it was resolved.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Cast

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »
Edit: nevermind question I was gonna ask was apparently already answered.

Offline Tobur

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »
I have been pursuing this problem for some weeks now (I am not very PC literate - I am 81) - but what fascinates me in all this is that the onus seems all the time to be on the user - Uninstall; Reinstall; use Avastclear; Safe mode; Online Installer; Offline Installer ; Try this; try that  etc. etc. All very confusing - but where is Avast in all this. It was working on my PC before update 2291. My system has not changed - so presumably something in the update caused the problem.
Perhaps Avast subscribes to Salvador Dali's dictum
“What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it.”