Author Topic: Restore to original windows 10 files/folders/programs after Avast Cleanup???  (Read 3216 times)

Offline flycaster

I'm running Avast Internet Security on windows 10.  I just subscribed to Avast Cleanup and allowed it to perform its clean up tasks.  However, i now note the Cleanup may have deleted or disabled many things that are needed in windows 10.  Is there any way get my windows 10 back to where it was before Cleanup screwed thing up?

Offline flycaster

Well, I tried a restore point prior to Cleanup, but now my computer won't restore!!! Furthermore, the problem that alerted me to Cleanup's destructive properties was that my Kodi no longer would stream!!!  Of course, one can also look at the post (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=199669.0) to learn just how Claeanup can screw things up.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Place a recent image of the drive back.

Offline flycaster

Place a recent image of the drive back.

Would really like to do that, but I think that I never made a drive image.  How can I tell if I have one?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
If you had one, you would know.

Offline flycaster

If you had one, you would know.
...And maybe I wouldn't know???  Anyway, bottom line is that Cleanup not only screwed up my windows system, but there was no discernible improvement in performance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:30:50 PM by flycaster »