Author Topic: Behavior Shield Disabled  (Read 3189 times)

REDACTED

Behavior Shield Disabled
« on: May 09, 2017, 06:37:49 PM »
Hello. I have installed Avast on my windows 10 desktop. Everything went smoothly but every time I boot the system, the behavior shield will disable after 10 to 15 seconds. I can go to shield control and turn it back on and it will stay on until my system boots again. I have run a repair on Avast, uninstalled and reinstalled, and even upgraded to Avast Pro in hopes that would stop it. For some unknown reason it continues to turn itself off after reboot. At this point I am not at all confident that Avast is working at all since I have enabled the animated icon and the only time it animates is just before the behavior shield turns off. Any suggestions other than changing antivirus? I have been using Avast since it came out years and years ago and hate to change.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Behavior Shield Disabled
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:47:25 PM »
Did you use avastclear when removing avast ?

Offline cruiser25

Re: Behavior Shield Disabled
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:37 PM »

I had the same problem after the latest update to 17.4.2294. Had to turn it on myself. But for some reason it fixed itself ?
after a couple of days. I´m running windows 7 Home premium SP 1. You could try to disable it and then enable it in settings and the click save at the bottom of the settings page. I did that and the next time I started up the pc I didn´t get any warning and everything was turned on. Worth a try. I´m not sure if that did the trick but who knows.