Author Topic: Screen saver  (Read 1568 times)

REDACTED

Screen saver
« on: May 10, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »
Up until a couple of updates ago, screen saver was working fine. I recently noticed that I'd been away from the computer (desktop Win10) for some time and no screen saver. So I went into display settings. Avast was chosen for screen saver, but when I tried to click on Settings or Preview, I'd get a just a brief flash and then a black image on the screen replica. Still the same today, so I'm forced to use another screen saver. Any thoughts?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Screen saver
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
I can't recall when, but avast has dropped the screen saver scan. It was most certainly gone from the avast version 17.x.xx, many found this to be a better option than to run scheduled scans.

Personally I rarely run scheduled scan, mainly in beta testing or run any on-demand scan, other than in relation to helping on the forums. 
- With a resident (on-access) scanner the need for on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part dormant/inert files are being scanned, the other active files are going to be scanned by the resident shields when they are activated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security