Author Topic: Can't login  (Read 13935 times)

REDACTED

Can't login
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:54:25 PM »
I've just installed anti theft on a new phone. When I go through the configuration procedure it fails when trying to connect to my avast account with the message "authorization failed" after. I can log in on the web just fine so I know the password is correct.

If I try to log in through avast mobile security it says "there was a problem with your sign in, contact support"

Any ideas?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Can't login
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
AT is not free anymore.
You need to buy the premium version of AMS.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:11:33 PM »
I have a paid version of Avast, and have the exact same problem. Login OK on web site, not in the app to link to Avast account. ("Authorization failed. Sorry.")

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:14:49 PM »
The problem seems to be solved in the latest beta.
Get that one or wait till the final release.

Offline Arielphf

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »
The problem seems to be solved in the latest beta.
Get that one or wait till the final release.

OK, can you clarify this for me?  First, I didn't know there was a premium version of Avast Mobile Security.  I have the Pro version and that doesn't have any indication that there is a way to upgrade it to a paid version.  I DO have Avast Premiere, a paid version, on my desktop, and have the AMS connected to that account.  Edit: Ah, the pro version, IS the premium version.  OK, I do have the paid version.

I am having the same issue as the OP on a Samsung Galaxy S8.  I loaded AMS on it, connected it to my account it says anti-theft has not been enabled on my phone.  When I tried to enable it from the website, the error message comes up that it could not connect to my phone.  When I try to enable it on the phone itself, I am unable to set up the 'connection to Avast Account' because every time I put in my correct email address to 'Set up Web control', I get the error message that my 'Authorization failed. Sorry'.  I've also called support and their only suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall - which I did - still doesn't work.

It is the correct password; I changed it just now and it works perfectly when I log into my online account from the pc - it is just the anti-theft that won't take my login. 

Lastly, you say that the problem is solved in the latest beta - but I don't see a beta for Anti-theft.  Is it bundled into the AMS beta? 

Thank you for your patience and I hope you can help me out.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:03:38 PM by Arielphf »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:47:21 PM »
AMS Pro = Paid
You can only get it through the Google store.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 06:00:03 AM »
Lastly, you say that the problem is solved in the latest beta - but I don't see a beta for Anti-theft.  Is it bundled into the AMS beta? 
Yes, AAT is part of AMS now.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Arielphf

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 04:09:12 PM »
Yes, AAT is part of AMS now.

Yes, I see, thank you.

AMS Pro = Paid
You can only get it through the Google store.

Which I did, though I didn't remember until I started looking into it.

OK, after getting into the beta group and uninstalling and reinstalling the software, I am now unable to log into the main Avast Mobile Security program OR the Anti-theft.  Grrr.  Getting onto the phone support, I find they are only support for the computer software, not the mobile.  I am still not any further along than I was the other day.

One other thing I tried was this; since I bought the AMS program with my google account, I tried using the google account to log in.  Still not working, but I wonder if that might have something to do with the problems I am having?  Do either of you know of a support site for the mobile software that might be able to help me?  I've cross posted this on the beta Google group as well.  Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 04:39:27 PM »
1. Do either of you know of a support site for the mobile software that might be able to help me?
2. I've cross posted this on the beta Google group as well.  Thanks.
1. Sure, ask/post in the "Avast Mobile Beta Testers" group.
2. Well, I just checked and didn't find any question/entry there.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Arielphf

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 04:42:14 PM »
It's under Bugs - my login is under my name Lin Greenaway.  Do you see it now?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
It's under Bugs - my login is under my name Lin Greenaway.  Do you see it now?
Yep, I found it now. (Wait for a reply from the Android devs.)

Offline Arielphf

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »
Thank you!  I take it that was the right place to post?  Thank you for helping.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline Arielphf

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 05:05:11 PM »
Just to help streamline things, I put a support ticket in yesterday, #875790, on this issue.  Hope that helps.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 03:04:54 AM »
I have a paid version of Avast, and have the exact same problem. Login OK on web site, not in the app to link to Avast account. ("Authorization failed. Sorry.")

has there been any movement on this? do I need to find and then install a beta version to get paid software to do what it used to?

My license is valid. Anti-theft used to work without issue. So did Mobile Security.

I just happened to go into Anti-theft to double-check things are still working the way they were the last time I set it up - and it's not. I'm told to uninstall Anti-theft, as it's now part of Mobile Security. Now I'm to it up again - and it's telling me my "Authentication failed."

I've reset my password, twice. I've initiated password reset from the app - which takes me to a browser, and I can change the password and log in. I can log in from any browser. I just can't log in from the app.

So, is there some secret to setting up the Anti-theft I paid for?