Author Topic: Avast the issue ?  (Read 2948 times)

REDACTED

Avast the issue ?
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:02:13 PM »
I have never had problems with the avast company .. I have promoted them for years to every user needs topic .... and I always used things like ... my flash program . independent from avast.. NOW AVAST seems to me to BE the ISSUE... it all started when avast started this new popup.. = We want you to UPGRADE to the $$$$$$ upgrade campaign.. NOW I get some program like my flash not working right. and today I get the popup of updates I need.. HUMMMM Flash has ALWAYS updated its self.. EVEN as I just had repairs and up grades done from them. .. now ( avast says if I want them to automatically update my programs I Must UP GRADE THEM..) I personally call this interference !.. the way I see this.. is.. if Avast is a PAY FOR service. then let them be straightforward about it.. don't offer the free service then mess with our performance  in trying to FORCE a upgrade to paid services..  please lets keep some integrity in stead of all this popup thing..  losing respect offly fast here.. ???
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:04:46 PM by teddyfluffy »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast the issue ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:11:10 PM »
Flash is dead.
http://fortune.com/2015/12/01/adobe-animator-flash/

If avast wants to update other applications, you have the software updater installed.
You can remove it from the components if you want it.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:57:54 PM »
my flash program .....
What do you mean by "my flash program"

Flash Professional (Animate CC) or just Flash player

Not sure the program you are talking about is realy dead and not sure that eddy's answer concerns your problem anywhere

I suppose you do not care whether the program still exists or not as you said : "Flash has ALWAYS updated its self" , you well know it exists , except if you refer 2 years back (I don't know , You do not come back from the moon ?  ;D)

Eddy "Maybe bot" or "bot" ?

- what's your problem?
- my car does not start
- ah your car . Of course you can not move it forward because your car park is too narrow.Perform an enlargement
http://batirenova.com/img/00%20(02).jpg
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:21:27 PM by chris05 »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 11:02:43 PM »
Flash is dead.
http://fortune.com/2015/12/01/adobe-animator-flash/

Inside that article is the statement,
Animate remains Adobe's official tool for creating Flash content, and its next version will continue to support Flash as a "first-class citizen."

So, alas, Flash isn't dead, even though it should be.

The article, though, was focused on the developer tool, and the name change of that tool is to convey that the output is more general, being able to create HTML5, not just a file for the Flash player.

Flash has ALWAYS updated its self

For Firefox on Windows 7, I had always had to manually update Flash. For Chrome, the Flash Chrome uses is installed with Chrome, so a Flash update in Chrome requires a Chrome update (which just happened in the past few days).

But for Windows 10, I have read that Windows Update will update Flash as part of its monthly update.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 01:45:21 AM »
I ment Adobe Flash Player  .. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ I have refreshed it before.. but not had avast step in.

Offline tlee

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 03:24:35 AM »
please try to modify the setup of avast in install/uninstall option.
you can cancel to install lots of usefulness components

I has informed this forum before. AVAST is a bulky program and impact the PC performance seriously now.

However, I find Avast's CTO still not becomes aware this problem..............................

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »
I ment Adobe Flash Player 
Ok , so Eddy's answer made no many sense as I felt
Flash player is not (yet) dead

On the other hand Software Updater takes some time after the official release to inform us about (update or not)

I have refreshed it before
Do you mean Software Updater refresh ?
You could try to reset SU database in option settings of SU in the UI
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:28:38 PM by chris05 »