Author Topic: Surprise 'Bill' and Issues  (Read 3290 times)

REDACTED

Surprise 'Bill' and Issues
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
Been a member of Avast for quite some years and used an old email address to set it up/purchase it .. only to have no choice later in time than to close/delete the account because too many people from unknown places and countries attempted to break in and steal the account. I logged into the bank account this morning to find a very unwelcomed $70 fee from Avast, and have spent the last several hours in an attempt to contact them.

I could not stop the auto-renew because the email account was closed.
I could not phone them or live chat them.

I am now in the process to see if they can either hand me over a password to my actual account, merge accounts and, of course, provide me a refund. I provided them with the relevant information required (last name, first name and email of the account concerned). Meanwhile, my Avast still has 13 days on it, and it seems it has been repurchased, but I cannot access the liscence because, as said, the email address used for it is dead. Is there anything else I can actually do or do I have to wait?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:57:17 PM by WrathDummy »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Surprise 'Bill' and Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »
If you have created a ticket, you just have to wait.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 11:07:44 PM »
If you have created a ticket, you just have to wait.

Understood; it's just .. infuriating to state the least.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 11:36:01 PM »
If you created a support ticket, when did you create it and what was the support ticket ID number ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 11:52:43 PM »
If you created a support ticket, when did you create it and what was the support ticket ID number ?

#812402 is the number.

It would have been two-ish hours behind. I do understand that is a scarce amount of time, but since money has been taken and there is no way to recover the information sent to the closed email account, I am quite unsure what to do. If it is possible to simply have them send the bill to the new email that would be awesome, but .. I'm not sure. Really at a loss.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 12:30:07 AM »
Action can be taken as far as a refund is concerned in the 30 day period after payment, even if processing your ticket takes a while it should be processed.

Currently support tickets are taking between 5 to 10 business days. So you are

If you gave your dead email address and your current email address, plus as much information as possible they should be able to find it and take whatever action it is that you asked for. " If it is possible to simply have them send the bill to the new email that would be awesome, but .. I'm not sure. Really at a loss."

I will try to push this forward, but given the short time-frame it may not push it to much.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 12:32:33 AM »
Action can be taken as far as a refund is concerned in the 30 day period after payment, even if processing your ticket takes a while it should be processed.

Currently support tickets are taking between 5 to 10 business days. So you are

If you gave your dead email address and your current email address, plus as much information as possible they should be able to find it and take whatever action it is that you asked for. " If it is possible to simply have them send the bill to the new email that would be awesome, but .. I'm not sure. Really at a loss."

I will try to push this forward, but given the short time-frame it may not push it to much.

The original/dead email was given, and the new one is the one contacted them from.

It is appreciated none the less since the stress is really unneeded.