Author Topic: Does the wifi inspetor tool scans the pc from inside or outside?  (Read 6109 times)

Offline jraju

• Poster
Re: Does the wifi inspetor tool scans the pc from inside or outside?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »
Pl see the result when i change the dns to google.dns

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »
Hi, I am expecting response for my query. I think that there is some vulnerabilities in the dns server address if it is allowed to obtain automatically. I find some ip entries , not vk.com or yandex.ru,in the status page of the router. If i change the adopter settings in ipv4 to google dns address say, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then scan shows no vulnerability.
                  So, i want to know, whether my pc is infected or the dns server address is infected with those yandex.ru and vk.com domain hijacked vulnerabilities.I have scanned the pc thro avast boot time scan and malware anti malware softwares, and did not find any entry of those domains.
                         can i expect a clarification in this regard?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 01:25:38 PM »
And we are expecting you to start learning.

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »
Hi,Eddy learning is a continuous process and clarification is different. i have enclosed two sets of scan results, one by changing the dns server address to google and the other obtain dns server automatically. Automatically getting dns server , when scanned by the wifi inspector produces vulnerabilities of dns hijack domains like yandex.ru and vk.com, whereas the scan with google dns, produces no such vulnerable results. So, i want some clarifications of how those coms are found out by wifi inspector. how to find whether router dns server really having these com vulnerability.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
This is a webboard, not a school.

https://duckduckgo.com/

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:44 AM »
Hi, user to user forum members should know how to write and not to write. The moderators are very silent in allowing such remarks. Is it not a pertinent question that one asks and expert user answers. Since the product is one of avast and the support could only be had from forum for free version, queries are posted.
                     I do not want to prolong the discussion if the moderator does not want or such kind of replies are given.