Author Topic: Who has sites on WIX? -Today! The problem with Avast! .. "Virus" html: script-in  (Read 7809 times)

REDACTED

Who has sites on WIX? -Today! The problem with Avast! .. "Virus" html: script-inf - Infection detected!  :o

There is a site at en.wix.com - a pretty well-known designer!

If you go to the gallery and see examples of the template http://en.wix.com/website/templates

Error pops up. Infection detected! Really? How so? Is the site infected in separate sections of the portal? ;D

Naturally, I can not go to my site until the antivirus is disconnected!  :( >:(

Who observes a similar problem?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:24:38 PM by NikolayShaman »

REDACTED

Who has sites on WIX? -Today! The problem with Avast! .. "Virus" html: script-inf - Infection detected!

There is a site at en.wix.com - a pretty well-known designer!

If you go to the gallery and see examples of the template http://en.wix.com/website/templates

Error pops up. Infection detected! Really? How so? Is the site infected in separate sections of the portal?

Naturally, I can not go to my site until the antivirus is disconnected!

Who observes a similar problem?

I do!  I can't access my wix website today as I'm getting the same infection warning!

Offline lynnetmurphy

Same problem, reported to avast
problem also exists if you go to wix.com contact us so no way to reach wix support

REDACTED

I wrote in support of wix and Avast - so far no answer!  :-X :-X

REDACTED

I cant report.. It says to try again later ....  :o

Cant access any of wix live sites or the editor

REDACTED

The same problem

REDACTED

Hi guys!

I been having the same problem all morning. I use wix and also i redirect some domains on other host to my wixs pages.

I solved it by going the avast sttings and in EXCLUSIONS typing on file path and on url (i did it on both) the domains that are not workin
i eve add in exclusions  http://editor.wix.com/html/editor/web/renderer*
then click ADD  an it worked again!

I hope it work for you too! let me know!

Best Vibes

Niko

REDACTED

I have the same problem. My Avast online security says that wix is infected with a "HTML:Script-inf" Trojan.

I visit my own site all the time, but today when I tried visiting my own site, my Avast online security system blocked access (see screenshot attached); I tried going in to edit my site, and I was able to log in, but it blocks the editor, too. I tried going to another wix site and it blocked that as well. This has never happened with my own site before. I'm not sure what to do; I just want to be sure that wix is safe to use. Is there a way to get rid of the "malicious code?" I was able to submit a ticket to weeks, so I'll see if I get an answer.

REDACTED

Just got an update from Wix! They said "We are experiencing issues with anti-virus software marking wix sites unsafe. We're aware of the issue and are currently working with the various companies regarding this matter." Hope that helps!

REDACTED

Hi guys!

I been having the same problem all morning. I use wix and also i redirect some domains on other host to my wixs pages.

I solved it by going the avast sttings and in EXCLUSIONS typing on file path and on url (i did it on both) the domains that are not workin
i eve add in exclusions  http://editor.wix.com/html/editor/web/renderer*
then click ADD  an it worked again!

I hope it work for you too! let me know!

Best Vibes

Niko

Really ? My site has a big business and a large stream of clients - I need all customers to call and say add our site to the antivirus isolation? It's funny! This is not a serious job like WIX and AVAST! And the worst thing is that none of them will bear responsibility for my losses and moral damage to the company's reputation!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

REDACTED

I am having this problem too and I am NOT a technical person. It's quite frustrating, to say the least. I hope this is fixed quickly and easily for those of us who don't have a clue how to fix anything (and should not have to pay for help for a problem caused by Avast).

Offline ph0nq

Facing the same problem with two sites I'm hosting there.
Can't connect to them, neither live nor thru the WIX editor.

BUT... something has changed between AVAST pattern update 170517-14 and 170517-24.
At least I can access the live pages again, still I can't edit them. When trying to start the WIX page editor, still get the script-in error and connection gets reset.

Funny thing is, on the WIX site this issue has been closed with the recommendation to get in contact with the respective A/V vendor and work things out with them...

REDACTED

Hi guys! The same problem here... >:(
I will try to change the software of "antivirus" here and now...Avast repeating the same old errors >:( >:( >:(

Who should pay for it? The users?

Offline savcin

• Avast team
Hi guys, I can confirm that problem is already fixed.