Author Topic: No activation code  (Read 4618 times)

REDACTED

No activation code
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:00:16 AM »
Hi

Hope someone can help me with this. I wanted to try the avast cleanup so I went for the free trial so off I went to paypal to sign up for it and waited for my activation code and it didn't come despite me signing up and giving permission to charge me after the 30 trial. I've tried to contact avast but they just keep messaging me back saying that they don't have any record of my licence. Wouldn't mind so much living without the free trial but seeing as I've instructed paypal to pay after the trial it's a bit concerning as I have no way to cancel the payment. Thanks in advance for any help.

REDACTED

Re: No activation code
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:30:56 AM »
It is possible, on the site paypal, to open a file dispute, not delivery, or other problem with the seller. :-*

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »
Thank you for posting. I've emailed Avast about the same problem three times in the last week and got the same "can't find your licence" excuse each time with the addition of "look on the forum for answers" incredible customer service- thought it was just me going nuts! 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think i'll just contact paypal seeing as Avast is no use. They sent an email not just once but three times within a few minutes to tell me that they could not find my licence and to ask about it on the forum.  Doesn't really inspire me to actually use a paid service if they won't help you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:51:09 PM »
What is your ticket ID and on what date did you created it ?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
I've had the exact same issue - no mail with an activation code, signed up with Paypal to pay the money after 30 days (which will be in a couple of weeks) and no way of cancelling.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 01:36:30 PM »
Check your avast account for the license.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »
I've checked, and there's nothing showing - just the Internet Security, which is already active and installed. No other licenses or activation codes are showing

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 12:48:13 AM »
Ia orana,
exactly the same : I jsut received the mail confirming the renewal until June 2018, but I cannot find the activation code anywhere !
Have sent a msge to Avast and Waiting for their answer...  :(

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 05:56:05 AM »
After receiving the same standard message, I insisted, giving my order nbr, et they replied quickly with my activation code.
So this problem is solved for me.

Good luck !  :)