Author Topic: System State Backups broken on Windows 2012 R2 ?  (Read 26963 times)

REDACTED

Re: System State Backups broken on Windows 2012 R2 ?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »
I am still running 17.8 and still working fine.

I assume you have 17.9.  I refuse to let program autoupdates run on my network for reasons like this.  :)

I suggest you set a policy to turn off program updates and add the server to it, then downgrade to 17.8 and see if the issue goes away.  If not, you might have different issues (particularly if it's just one customer).

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll definitely test before I upgrade and report back if I have anything to report. 

If you are convinced 17.9 regresses, please report the issue to support, as will I!

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 01:52:54 AM »
Hi, first of all, thank you very much for your reply.

The new bug (or the same repeated) was reported by one of our resellers (we are Avast Distributor), is not from a direct customer. We have asked this reseller again and he inform to us that the problem is happening now in 2 of his customers, both with Windows Server 2012. Because of this, and because he was one of the first persons to report this bug months ago, we give value to his words and we believe that it is possible that in some of the latest AfB versions there is a bug (again) with the backup of Windows Server.

Thank you for your tips, we will take them into account. And please, if you do some test with the latest version of AfB, I would appreciate it if you could tell us the result here.

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
I installed 17.9 to a test server and no problem.  It was a fresh install and not an upgrade from 17.8 but previously it made no difference anyway. 

It sounds like the customers are having different problems unrelated to this old bug, but uninstalling Avast could help prove or disprove it as being a cause.

Check the event logs for clues and the Windows Backup logs, as it might be failing but with a slightly different error.  Make sure Windows Backup still works without system state to narrow down the problem.  PM me if you need some help.

I'll eventually upgrade my production server and if I have a problem I'll be sure to let you know.

Good luck :)

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »
Hi friend, thank you very much for your valuable information, it's very useful!

We will be in contact here if there are more to say about this.

Once again, thank you for your time and help.

Offline Jarosław30

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2021, 11:00:09 PM »
system: Windows Server 2008 R2
Avast console on premise: 7.29.911

There is an error while trying to use Windows System State Backup:

wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:f:

this command returns an error:

Error in backup of C:\program files\avast software\management console\\console\ during enumerate: Error [0x8007007b] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I guest the problem is in doubled "\", but how to fix this?