Author Topic: Avast Clean Uninstall  (Read 1444 times)

REDACTED

Avast Clean Uninstall
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:37:09 PM »
I tried using the clean uninstall for Avast and when the computer loaded into safe mode both my mouse and my keyboard were non-functional. I managed to shut off the program after a lot of messing around and when loading into normal boot mode the keyboard and mouse work fine. The keyboard is a Logitech G910 and the Mouse is a G300S. I did let the program put my computer into safe mode, but even putting the computer into safe mode myself I still have no control over the mouse or keyboard. Also my motherboard has a integrated graphics card and plugging my HDMI into that does not cause the PC to try running off of said card... instead it only runs off my dedicated graphics card.

Is my copy of Windows 10 corrupted? Thanks in advanced. I think I'll just have to re-install avast through the usual method of just using the programs and features even if this isn't the best method. I cannot risk getting nearly locked out of my PC and bricking it currently.

Fox.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Clean Uninstall
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »
Windows is using just basic drivers in safemode and it seems your kb/mouse is not working with them.

As for the graphics, it can be you need to change a setting in the bios/eufi

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
Back on Windows 7 I didn't have this issue, however. So are the default drivers in Windows 10 different?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:51:48 PM »
It is a entirely different OS, so yes they are different.