Author Topic: Avast will not complete any scans, and will not take action.  (Read 2351 times)

Offline tylerruff1994

Let me preface this thread with the statement that I have tried repairing the Avast installation, this has not worked.

The smart, full, and performance scans are not completing their cycles. The GUI shows me that the progress always stalls at some point and won't continue no matter how long I wait. The scans may sometimes complete and show a list of action items that Avast will try to take care of (performance scans primarily) but then the progress of these actions will stall as well and never complete.

I'm at a loss of what to do, and while there is no immediate threat to my computer at the moment, this problem does concern me greatly as to if the anti-virus will actually be able to identify and stop a potential threat.

I believe the software is still passively protecting my computer (as it should) but its frustrating not being able to check myself  :-\. Especially with the performance add-on which I had to pay for.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast will not complete any scans, and will not take action.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:23:19 PM »
Especially with the performance add-on which I had to pay for.
That sound like you paid for avast CleanUp.
Complete waste of money as it does nothing you can't already do yourself with the options the OS is already giving you.
All it takes is basic knowledge on how the OS is working, what things you can do with it etc.

Avast does complete the scan(s), but as has been explained in many threads already their is a bug with showing the progress.