Author Topic: Are Passwords associated with only one browser?  (Read 3135 times)

Offline randybowser1

Are Passwords associated with only one browser?
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
Awhile back I set up Avast Passwords when Firefox was the only browser I used. It's been fantastic, no more searching through my long list of passwords and constantly typing them - (I never had allowed Firefox to remember them.) I also have much stronger passwords now, with the Avast app giving them all a "Very Strong" rating.

Now I'm trying to set up the Avast Safe Zone Browser so it's practical for me to use. It's looking like I need to set all 50 of my passwords up again from scratch - is that right? The links as displayed under the Account Details for each password in the Avast interface open up Firefox if I click on them - even though the URLs are just the addresses for the various sites, no visible reference to Firefox.

I need to type them all in by hand again?-- These are all highly randomized and 15 characters in length. If I set them all up again - they will replace the copies I already set up in Firefox?

In other words - do I have to make a choice of which browser my portfolio of passwords will be associated with, making it impossible to have passwords that work in two different browsers?

RB

Offline Tomáš Hellebrand

• Avast team
  • Product owner of Avast Passwords
    • Avast Passwords
Re: Are Passwords associated with only one browser?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:00:08 AM »
Hi Randybowser1,

you can use Avast Passwords with Firefox, Chrome and SafeZone browser at the same time. Do you have latest version of SafeZone browser?
Tomas Hellebrand
Product owner of Avast Passwords