Author Topic: Renewing Avast Free Antivirus  (Read 11591 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Renewing Avast Free Antivirus
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 05:21:17 AM »
I waited till after free AVAST expired and then entered the activation code obtained from the avast user interface and it auto renewed for another year. Here's an image about inserting the activation code which I hope assists other users:
Thanks for the feedback.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 05:26:57 AM »
You're welcome Asyn. I appreciate your assistance.  8)

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
Thanks Bill Bill for your assistance ... it seems strange that the old code still works to
re-activate after subscription expires, looks like Avast knows it's an issue. Will try your
solution when 2 of my machines' scrips expire in a couple of weeks, will let you know
if re-using my old codes is successful !

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 06:01:22 AM »
Thanks Bill Bill for your assistance ... it seems strange that the old code still works to
re-activate after subscription expires, looks like Avast knows it's an issue. Will try your
solution when 2 of my machines' scrips expire in a couple of weeks, will let you know
if re-using my old codes is successful !
:)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 06:13:30 PM »
Yes,it's a known bug and we work on fix. Sorry for the troubles

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 01:51:44 AM »
Yes,it's a known bug and we work on fix. Sorry for the troubles

Thank you for your message Martin. Have a great day!

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »
Hi everyone - My Avast Free 2017 expired yesterday on one of my Dell laptops ... it offered a choice
of upgrading (column on right with GREEN background) or renewing the Free version  (column on left
with WHITE background). The selection box at the bottom of the WHITE column is an active link
but clicking produced no result and it kept returning to the "about to expire" warning. Also, entering
my old activation code to renew did not work. Today, I got the same "expired" notice, but the WHITE
column had turned to a PINK background. After clicking on the renewal button at the bottom,
I got confirmation that my subscription was renewed with another 365 days remaining. My subscription
info shows that it used my same old activation code for renewal. So, after your scrip expires, it may
take Avast a day or more to recognize your expiry and then apply your old code to renew for another
year. Thank you all for your assistance, and GOOD LUCK !

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »
Hi everyone - My Avast Free 2017 expired yesterday on one of my Dell laptops ... it offered a choice
of upgrading (column on right with GREEN background) or renewing the Free version  (column on left
with WHITE background). The selection box at the bottom of the WHITE column is an active link
but clicking produced no result and it kept returning to the "about to expire" warning. Also, entering
my old activation code to renew did not work. Today, I got the same "expired" notice, but the WHITE
column had turned to a PINK background. After clicking on the renewal button at the bottom,
I got confirmation that my subscription was renewed with another 365 days remaining. My subscription
info shows that it used my same old activation code for renewal. So, after your scrip expires, it may
take Avast a day or more to recognize your expiry and then apply your old code to renew for another
year. Thank you all for your assistance, and GOOD LUCK !
I'm glad it worked for you! I think the time difference of where you are and where AVAST is may be why it didn't work immediately.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 03:13:03 PM »
This issue is now fixed so you can renew Free version even before epxiration