Author Topic: installing  (Read 1837 times)

REDACTED

installing
« on: May 28, 2017, 10:30:05 PM »
hi guys after 1 year i decide to go back to using avast antivirus for my pc so i installed avast free antivirus 2017 the thing is that i remember that for activating avast for a 1 year you needed to register using an email correct but this time after i install it well for starts it looks totally diferent than one year ago dosent have the white and orange teme as before looks black and purple now plus everything else change the point is that in the left corner was the option to activate so i select it it let me choose between pay version and free version before activating so ofcourse i select free version and that was it it did not ask me for any information not even an email address li how i remember it did so is this of it works now or something went wrong in the installetion?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: installing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 11:22:25 PM »
Things change and the User Interface is just one area, licensing/registration is another. That is going towards the aim of not having to constantly register the free version. If you didn't actually do anything, after the 30 days trial, you would still be protected and an auto-registration should take place.

Much has actually remained in the same place (in the settings) it is just a little different in getting to them.

It is very hard to imagine exactly what it is you are describing, the old or new, etc. It just so happens I was testing something yesterday relating to the free licensing. I hadn't thought anything had actually changed, however,this morning when I restarted my win10 laptop I got a popup to confirm what level of protection I wanted.

Clicking the 'Select' button bottom left of the screen (for the free version), see attached screenshot, was that the same screen that you saw ?

I later found that my registration now had 365 days remaining, so that appeared to have registered/renewed my avast free installation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:51:01 AM »
yea that is what im talking about after i select the left option for my one year license i was expecting it to ask me for my email like when i was using avast years ago but it did not it just registered me without the need of any information much less an email address but if that is how things are now is fine i was just making sure that the subscription went ok

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
I believe that is at the very least trialling of the new avast free registration that has been mentioned.

The main thing is that you should have 365 days registration, we will have to wait another year to see we get that same screen to confirm your level of protection and extend the free registration for another year.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security