Author Topic: NO REPLY for TWO WEEKS to Ticket ID: [#809393]  (Read 5388 times)

REDACTED

NO REPLY for TWO WEEKS to Ticket ID: [#809393]
« on: May 30, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
I have been an AVAST user for years.  Recently I renewed my account and my account status shows as such, but I get pop-up screens saying my "Trial account" is Expired. Not only does it say my "trial" has expired;but is says my firewall is not active.

I had AVAST on a prior PC and purchased a new PC in March.  When I renewed, I thought the renewal was applied to the new PC. My "Account" page shows I have three licences, but apparently the one on my new PC is not active.

I have also purchased the VPN service but all my financial sites reject my access because apparently it shows I am trying to log in from the Czech Republic, event when I have selected United States as my regional location.  Effectively making this VPN service pointless to use.

I submitted a trouble ticket on May 11, but have gotten NO RESPONSE, other than a robo-email saying "help is on the way".

Apparently there is no way to speak with or get direct contact with AVAST.  HOW DO I GET SOMEBODY AT AVAST TO SORT THIS OUT?

Thanks,
Andy

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:56:57 PM by ACP »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: NOR REPLY for TWO WEEKS to Ticket ID: [#809393]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
- Delete the old system from your account.
- Wait a few hours to make sure the changes are in effect.
- Perform a clean installation of the latest avast version.
- Apply the non used license to it

That should solve it.

By creating the ticket, you are in direct contact with avast.
Currently their support department is very busy (lots of tickets, changing of the support system)
Tickets are currently handled in 5-15 business days.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:48:53 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

Re: NO REPLY for TWO WEEKS to Ticket ID: [#809393]
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »
Thanks Eddy. Appreciate the quick reply. Will give this a try, to update and correct my account status on my new PC.

I still need to resolve the issue about the VPN.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 08:00:33 PM »
One thing at a time  ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 10:39:17 PM »
Eddy,

I just went through the re-install process but when I got my license and used it on my Dell, it's showing the registered device as my Toshiba. Not right. 

How do I get it to acknowledge the correct PC?

Please advise.

Thanks
AC

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »
Is avast on that system showing is being registered now?
Not in your account but on the system itself.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »
Eddy,

It seems that their system may have just needed more time to update itself.  When I checked both the program on my PC and my account info, via the Avast web site, they now both show my Dell (correct PC) as being the active account. Seems like I'm good to go.

NOW... how about that issue #2 (LOL)....the one with the VPN showing I'm in the Czech Republic, and therefore creating red flags for many of my online financial services which block me from accessing my accounts.  Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
AC

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »
If there is a problem with the VPN service in e.g. the US, SecureLine will fall back to one of the other locations which is normally the server from avast itself.
Other than telling avast that there is a problem with one of their locations, there is nothing you can do.

Normally things are fixed in 1-2 days.
All you can do is practicing patience and wait till  avast has fixed things.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »
Is there any way to tell where my IP address is being transferred to?  I know what my actual IP address is.  I need to know where Avast is sending it from now.  Even when I go into my VPN settings and indicate the USA, it apparently re-directs it. A prior redirect showed it coming from the CR, hence the rejection of my access from tightly secured sites like my bank.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 05:40:48 PM »
I already know my IP address when I am no behind a VPN.  That's not the problem.  I can't see the IP address Avast is using when I am behind their VPN.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 05:52:09 PM »
Lookup the IP when you are using the VPN.
It will tell you the country of the VPN server that is used.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 06:27:09 PM »
Here's the problem...I am getting two totally different IP address results, from two different IP address "finders"   SEE ATTACHED.

The one you referred me to (http://whatismyipaddress.com) shows I'm in NY / USA.

The other one I used (https://myip.ms) shows I'm in the Czech Republic.  THIS is probably the one actually be transmitted to a receiving site, since my banks report my IP as coming from there.

Something is broken on Avast's side.

AC

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 08:39:50 PM »
Whilst I can't offer any advice on this, but I do find it strange that the two IP addresses are the reverse grouping of each other 77.234.46.139 and 139.46.234.77.

I just wonder about how this could be.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security