Consumer Products > Avast Cleanup

CleanUp stuck in Step 1 - 'Change to a more trusted search engine' section

(1/2) > >>

REDACTED:
I've tried multiple times to run CleanUp, but each and every time I reach the 'Change to a more trusted search engine' section in Step 1, the 'Dropdown', 'Skip' and 'Save' functions fail to function, and thereby block advancement to the other two steps.

I'm only on day one of the 30-day trial, (May 30, 2017) so I know this version is current.

Please assist so that I might decide as to whether this software is worth purchasing.

Windows PC -  OS 8.1 - default browser Mozilla - subscription active for Avast Internet Security.

REDACTED:
 :o I'm having the exact same problem... stuck at 'Change to a more trusted search engine' ... doesn't matter if i click ignore or save it gets stuck and doesn't move to the next step... therefore i can't get the cleanup to finish... can anyone please assist?

DavidR:
What search engine are you actually using (for it to be considered less trusted) ?
Are you using the paid version of clean-up or the free component in avast ?

Personally I look after my own clean-up and security of browser, so I never install this.

REDACTED:
Thanks for the reply. I use google as search engine and i have the paid clean-up version. What do you mean you look after your own lean-up and security of browser? What do you never install?

--- Quote from: DavidR on July 13, 2017, 04:44:53 PM ---What search engine are you actually using (for it to be considered less trusted) ?
Are you using the paid version of clean-up or the free component in avast ?

Personally I look after my own clean-up and security of browser, so I never install this.

--- End quote ---

REDACTED:
Tried to repair Avast on the control panel\programs and re-started the computer... re-ran clean up and it gets stuck in step 1\3 when it asks if i want to change the search engine(which is google currently).. doesn't do the clean up no matter if i click ignore or save in this step... ugh!!!  I paid for this component for it to not work?  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version