Author Topic: Opera browser compatibility with Avast4 Home Anitivirus  (Read 2883 times)

arshi

Opera browser compatibility with Avast4 Home Anitivirus
« on: April 05, 2006, 06:21:09 PM »
Does anyone know whether Avast can scan the email of the Opera POP3 email client? Does it takes care of the files downloaded through Opera?

Thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Opera browser compatibility with Avast4 Home Anitivirus
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 06:37:44 PM »
There are many forum members using Opera (I'm not one of them) with no problem with the web shield scanning web content in Opera. Files downloaded as in not through browsing if there is an option to scan them in the Opera download interface then ashQuick.exe is used to scan them.

I don't know how avast and Opera's pop3 email is effected, but if it uses the normal pop3 protocol and ports it should be fine.

The only consideration in either of these two comments is what OS and firewall are you using (as these may require some manual configuration) ?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:39:25 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

Re: Opera browser compatibility with Avast4 Home Anitivirus
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »

Welcome to the forums, arshi.    :)

I do not use Opera mail so I do not know about that. As David said, it should be fine if normal protocol and ports are used.

Downloads using the Opera browser are scanned for me. I did not need to make any adjustments but again as David said, for you this might depend on your computer's OS and firewall.

I hope this helps you.    :)