Author Topic: Allowing web pages in email  (Read 2336 times)

wirenut

Allowing web pages in email
« on: April 05, 2006, 10:33:51 PM »
A friend sends me ZDNet pages via email.  Every time he does, it sets off an Avast alarm of possible virus.  How can I tell Avast this is OK and allow it without an alarm?  Avast Home Edition
Thanks, wirenut

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Allowing web pages in email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 11:44:54 PM »
I think you mean suspicious email, avast usually says why it is suspicious. Check your avast Log Viewer, right click the avast icon and select it. Check the Warning section for more information on the alert/s and let us know.

If it is suspicious and avast alerts it should give you options, one is to ignore/do nothing, etc. that will let it through if you identify it as from your friend. This is covered by the Heuristics element of the Internet Mail provider and there are many reasons why an email might be considered suspicious, no subject, too much white space in the subject, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 03:31:59 AM »
A friend sends me ZDNet pages via email.  Every time he does, it sets off an Avast alarm of possible virus.  How can I tell Avast this is OK and allow it without an alarm?  Avast Home Edition
Thanks, wirenut
Maybe if you can identity the URL sent with this email you can add it to the 'Permited URLs' into the Heuristic tab of settings (Internet Mail provider).
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 07:55:06 PM »

Welcome to the forums, wirenut.    :)

It is possible that your friend's computer is infected and the email being sent to you is also infectioned.

Please post the exact text of the avast warning/alarm or, better yet, a screen shot of same. This will help us to better understand and help you.