Author Topic: How do I get Advast to realize I do NOT have WIFI?  (Read 4401 times)

REDACTED

How do I get Advast to realize I do NOT have WIFI?
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:59:44 AM »
That is it. It keeps going nuts, thinking I have wifi, I do not. We do everything hard line. Yes, I am positive it is not WIFI equipped. I made certain at the BX, I picked up a non-WIFI gateway. I'm tired of the system being unable to recognize it and keep yelling at me how I need to reset a password I do not need to since I don't have a need for one. Even NetGear is stating this gateway doesn't need a password. It is ridiculous.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How do I get Advast to realize I do NOT have WIFI?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »
This has nothing to do with avast passwords.
Please post in the correct forum.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »
Gee, would love to, not that there is one. So I made the closest guess since AVAST keeps asking for a WIFI password.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
Gee, would love to, not that there is one. So I made the closest guess since AVAST keeps asking for a WIFI password.

Since your question is related to the avast for windows product - Avast Free Antivirus / Pro Antivirus / Internet Security/ Premier - this is the forum, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0, click on the new topic button at the top of the listings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security