Author Topic: Passwords no longer available.  (Read 3569 times)

Offline tkfull

Passwords no longer available.
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:14:55 AM »
I have Avast Passwords installed, and it had been working fine.  This morning, I had an exclamation on the Chrome icon that I use to enter my master password  indicating a problem with the extension.  I uninstalled the extension, intending to reinstall.  In the Avast Internet Security window, I see that the Avast Passwords component is active in the Settings/Subscription display.  To reinstall, it appears I'm supposed to go to Settings/Passwords to specify what browser to have the extension installed into.  Unfortunately, there is no 'Passwords' tab between Subscription and Troubleshooting as the web instructions indicate.  Also, if I start on the main panel, go the Privacy tab on the left and select Passwords, the display goes into a 'Loading' display with a rotating ring, but nothing further happens.

I've tried uninstalling the whole suite, then reinstalling.  No joy. Tried a 'Repair' from the Windows 'Add/Remove Programs'.  No good.

Any ideas on what else I might try?

REDACTED

Re: Passwords no longer available.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »
 -Do you have the latest version of avast?
 -How long have you waited for the circle before?

-JC20032017
 8) 8) 8)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »
I have the same trouble I have Chrome, firefox and Avast browsers and Avast Passwords are gone in all three!
What happened to them?  I have done no updates.
Please explain what happened and how do I get them back.
I have tried to re install the extension but when I go to avast extension store website there is nothing there
https://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-szb-under-construction#
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:57:16 PM by three4arizona »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
You can do it through the GUI > settings > components

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
We have only explicit code which can delete the data in your passwords and it can be triggered in settings -> passwords section only so very likely your data are not lost, they are just not visible to Avast service.
Have you been logged in GUI with my avast account before? Are you still logged in with the same account? Check your dashboard screen. If you are no longer logged in you may log in again and your data become back available. If you have activated passwords meanwhile please ping me PM I will instruct you what to do to not loose any of your data.