Author Topic: Does CCleaner clean Avast Safezone-if not, what does?  (Read 2629 times)

REDACTED

Does CCleaner clean Avast Safezone-if not, what does?
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »
I can not find the answer to this simple question anywhere but I do know that ccleaner does not recognize it in the settings....Avast Browser cleaner doesnt even recognize safezone by name.  Is the SZ browser a Chrome platform with custom tweaks?  Does that mean when cleaners recognize CHROME, they are cleaning SZ? CCleaner does not recognize chrome and although I never use it, it is installed. My former default browser was FIREFOX but it would not work with the Paid avast password program so I use SZ as default now but I always like to sweep any browser I use all the time.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Does CCleaner clean Avast Safezone-if not, what does?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:26 PM »
The Safzone Browser is Chromium based, not Chrome.
Those are two different things.
Why not ask Piriform if CCleaner can handle things from the SafeZone Browser?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:53:55 AM »
Kinda bizarre to me. Both Avast and Ccleaner are popular tools that have been around for awhile and both in use by millions, that you'd expect the find an answer to a question like this. If you call Avast support, it seems to take forever for them to understand the question..then they really have no answer and suggest (naturally) that you buy the Avast product that is another add to the suite. As for Ccleaner - I can not find an email address for support on pinform and after filling out and online inquiry, never received anything back. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
Go ask Piriform, it is their tool.
They should be able to tell what CCleaner handles and what not.