Author Topic: This is just too much!  (Read 12815 times)

Offline jvidal

Re: This is just too much!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 06:23:16 PM »
Avast started doing stupid things again!
I wanted to play a remake of Bruce Lee (an old 8 bit classic), so I ran the executable and to my surprise, it didn't open and after a few seconds, it crashed. The exe disappeared. I immediately suspected avast and went to the virus chest to find out that the exe was moved to it, classified as "IDP. Generic". Again, absolutely no warning, no notifications, NOTHING. Avast just decided to delete it. Fortunately, this time it only killed this file and didn't start killing other programs, like on previous occasions. The strange things start now: I restored the file from the vault and deleted the program's config file (thinking it may have been corrupted) and now it opened, but in windowed mode (which is the default mode, since I deleted the config file). I tried to switch it to full screen and avast killed it again.
So, the issue here is WHY THE HELL does a program work perfectly in windowed mode and it magically becomes a virus when ran in full screen??? It's the same program, for god's sake!!!!!!!
Btw, I have played this game millions of times before and it was all good, now suddenly avast decided to flag it as a virus (which is, of course, another false positive), but only in full screen mode.
Really starting to get sick of avast!

Offline jvidal

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »
This PoS Avast did it again!!!!!!!!!
Someone PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!
IT detected some bogus idp.generic and then it went crazy AGAIN. deleted winzip and a ton of my executables, like MAME,MESS, and several other emulators and utilities. WHY THE HELL IS AVAST DOING THIS??????? it should ONLY deal with the allegedly infected file AND NOT START DELETING OTHER PROGRAMS THAT ARE COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE "INFECTION"!!!!!!!!!
It gets worse: This time I let it end, didn't interrupt the process. After it ended deleting my files, there were about 25 files in c:\$AV_ASW folder, but the vault in the program's UI ONLY showed the initial file and the others were gone FOREVER!!!!!!!!

WHEN THE HELL IS SOMEONE GONNA FIX THIS??????????

If you don't fix this, i'm gonna ditch avast and stop recommending it to others. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't reply to me here, I'm not interested, JUST FIX THIS DAMN ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »
Run those old games and such in a VM where avast isn't installed.

Offline Skakara

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 05:42:42 PM »
@jvidal: The "IDP. Generic" is coming from the Behavior Shield. DISABLE IT. IT'S A BUGGY MESS. I had it installed and set it as "always ask" but it did the same thing to me as it did to you with your Bruce Lee game, deleted my uTorrent.exe to chest without asking and silently. Just disable that Behavior Shield, Avast has a grim record of creating new features that are horrible buggy and after awhile they remove them, or redesign/badge them. File System Shield is the only one you really need and fortunately it is working just fine.