Author Topic: Question about avast  (Read 1366 times)

REDACTED

Question about avast
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »
When Avast picks up a file as a virus, does a copy of the file get sent to the developers of avast to be analyzed? I ask this because my friend downloaded a false positive which Avast picked up. Later on his account profile where he downloads the file becomes untrusted. If you run the file in a VM or in Sandboxie, the loader will become untrusted and you are unable to use the file while the server is offline, or when your internet is.

http://prntscr.com/fgs58v
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:46:21 PM by duckfeeder105.5 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Question about avast
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:14:44 PM »
Nothing is send to avast as it has already a detection for it.

If you believe it is a false positive, you can send the file to avast for analyzing.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Question about avast
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:31:03 PM »
When Avast picks up a file as a virus, does a copy of the file get sent to the developers of avast to be analyzed? I ask this because my friend downloaded a false positive which Avast picked up. Later on his account profile where he downloads the file becomes untrusted. If you run the file in a VM or in Sandboxie, the loader will become untrusted and you are unable to use the file while the server is offline, or when your internet is.

http://prntscr.com/fgs58v

No avast doesn't send it for analysis.

If you feel it could be a false positive you can send it to avast virus labs from the virus chest.

I'm not sure why you gave a link to an image as it isn't generated to avast. Also it is by far easier to attach images to your post (as I have) using the Attachments and other options, below the Reply, text input window.  This stops avast forum users going off site to an unknown destination (shortened URL) as we have no idea what may be found there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security