Author Topic: hotmail.com e-mail draft by "me" - but I didn't write it?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Weiku

hotmail.com e-mail draft by "me" - but I didn't write it?
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
Hello forum,

I just logged into my hotmail.com e-mail account (which I also did a couple hours ago and everything was fine), and for whatever reason, there was an almost empty e-mail supposedly by me in my drafts folder. It has no title, no content except for an image of an envelope with an animated orange check mark appearing infront of it, and the text "Virenfrei. www.avast.com", meaning "virus free. www.avast.com", next to it, and there is no proper receiver address either, just "e".

I never started writing an e-mail like that, and the e-mails that I do send, never contain that weird animated envelope thing with the Avast text next to it, so what the hell just happened here? I checked the last log-ins back to May 10th (maximum) and it doesn't look like anyone else used my account, so I'm really clueless right now??

Here is a screenshot of that weird mail: http://i.imgur.com/vf28sNM.png

Offline Weiku

Re: hotmail.com e-mail draft by "me" - but I didn't write it?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »
Nevermind, apparently it's just an Avast setting that for some reason just activated itself a short while ago. I deactivated it and now everything is back to normal.

EDIT:
Though I do have one question: How and when did Avast change this setting by itself? I didn't have it activated until just 1 hour ago, and the only thing Avast updated were the virus definitions, no program update or anything?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:23:21 PM by Weiku »