Author Topic: MP3 Distortion + avast!  (Read 3513 times)

Cactuar

MP3 Distortion + avast!
« on: April 12, 2006, 10:39:26 AM »
Greetings,

It has been some time since I have installed the software and I really find it effective and useful, especially considering its price tag of zero. The only issue I have is while it is installed any MP3 files I play occasionally distort in any form of player. The music sort loops a 0.1s clip of its current position over about 50 times to create a really crude noise and it ruins the music track. This does NOT happen however when I am using software that uses up most of the CPU e.g. a heavy game such as Oblivion.

I apologise beforehand if this has been addressed before but I was unable to find the relevent information.

Anyone have any solutions to this? Other then uninstall the software which I do not wish to do.

Thanks in advance.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: MP3 Distortion + avast!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:59:17 AM »
I don't think it's related to avast! but more to player you use and soundcard(and its drivers). Try using different audio player and update soundcard drivers.
Or try to stop avast! entirely during audio playback and report if it was ok after that.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 06:32:55 PM »
Do you have any other software running when this distortion occurs? 

Like perhaps your mail client is active?

Cactuar

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 10:24:59 AM »
Do you have any other software running when this distortion occurs? 

Like perhaps your mail client is active?

The distortion has not occured even once before I installed avast. To be honest its probably some random clash with some other stuff I have installed, I havnt formatted for a long period of time. Was just wondering if there was anyone else with the problem really.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:32:50 AM »
What player do you use?

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 07:52:42 PM »
The reason I asked about mail client was because another avast user reported in this forum that music was distorted and tracked that down to it happening when his Thunderbird mail client received an email. 

When he fixed the mail client problem the music distortion went away.