Author Topic: Blue Screens  (Read 2939 times)

McFrog

Blue Screens
« on: April 13, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
Since today i'm getting Blue Screen (different ones like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR _EQUAL, BAD_POOL ..., PFN_FILE_LIST CORRUPT - Sorry i didn't write it down) So the system did not boot anymore until i uninstalled avast (via safe-mode).
it's the official Version from the main-page (program: 4.6.763), which always worked fine with me, so maybe this is because of the new windows updates yesterday.

i re-installed it twice and the blue-screens always came back. and currently there doesn't seem to be any beta-version available, so that i can test with this.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Blue Screens
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 04:05:38 PM »
Since today i'm getting Blue Screen (different ones like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR _EQUAL, BAD_POOL ..., PFN_FILE_LIST CORRUPT - Sorry i didn't write it down) So the system did not boot anymore until i uninstalled avast (via safe-mode).
it's the official Version from the main-page (program: 4.6.763), which always worked fine with me, so maybe this is because of the new windows updates yesterday.
Strange... as a lot of users are actually running the last Windows updates...

i re-installed it twice and the blue-screens always came back. and currently there doesn't seem to be any beta-version available, so that i can test with this.
Yes there is but only available in forums. If you go to the Beta forum you'll find a link for download ashbeta.exe to start the beta installation.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »
One of the dump suggests that the crash is caused by a driver called SAA713x.sys. Do you know what it belongs to?

The file should normally be located in \windows\system32\drivers.

Haven't you installed any other software that might have worked as a trigger for this?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

McFrog

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 12:20:28 AM »
yes i know it belongs to a tv-card (SAA-xxx is it's the chip) I'll try to remove the driver and see if it works.
and no, no other software installed or changed. it just doesn't work with avast but without, since yesterday (thats why i suggested the windows updates).
i never had any problems with avast the whole year before ;)

(one time the system booted and avast wasn't active, so i started it via services and this caused a crash too)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 12:24:56 AM by McFrog »