Author Topic: On Access Log Viewer  (Read 14334 times)

gremlin

On Access Log Viewer
« on: December 19, 2003, 01:54:35 AM »
hello - how do i stop the 'on access scanner messages' from popping up every time there is avtivity on my pc?

Walker

Re:On Access Log Viewer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 02:07:49 AM »
Hi Gremlin,

Try this..

Right Click the 'a' icon

Choose 'On access Protection control'

Dbl click on the 'internet mail' box (icon)

choose 'advanced' and de-select @show detailed info'

Is that what you meant?.. if not give a little more detail pls.

Walker.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 02:16:03 AM by Walker »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 02:27:54 AM »
Hi Gremlin, Try this...
Right Click the 'a' icon
Choose 'On access Protection control'
Dbl click on the 'internet mail' box (icon)
choose 'advanced' and de-select @show detailed info'
Is that what you meant?.. if not give a little more detail pls.
Walker.

Do the same for the other providers which has this option too, for example, the Standard Shield > Advanced
The best things in life are free.

gremlin

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 06:55:30 AM »
thanks mate, however, the options you mentioned were NOT checked. The pop up msgs never used to come up and im damned if i know what ive checked to make them flash up everytime theres activity on my machine. Anyway, thx for your prompt reply....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 11:41:57 AM »
thanks mate, however, the options you mentioned were NOT checked. The pop up msgs never used to come up and im damned if i know what ive checked to make them flash up everytime theres activity on my machine. Anyway, thx for your prompt reply....

Which pop up message? What is written on it?
Let's do some research and try to solve your trouble...  8)

gremlin

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 12:23:44 PM »
Thanks for your interest - as for the messages that pop up, the heading of the pop up box is "Avast! On Access Scanner Message", then underneath the heading comes something like this:

Scanning c:/programFiles/realone.exe

Plus it will display a host of other messages pertaining to the opening of RealOne player. There could be as many as 15...20...messages for this program. It will display things like "scanning *.dll etc...etc...

It goes through this routine every time i open IE or any program or document. I hope this helps....

Thanks.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 07:36:30 PM »
That sure as heck sounds like the "report in detail" option for the Standard Shield provider to me.  I played with turning that on for all of about 5 minutes, then quickly unticked it again when I found I was typically getting a couple of dozen report messages for any kind of computer activity.

It's an education, though -- most end users, like me, probably don't have a clue how many DLL's almost any program requires.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 09:08:05 PM »
I suggest:

1) again, disable 'Detail report action' in Standard Shield > Advanced and other providers.
2) disable the 'ok' and 'soft errors' files in the Report page

But, what version of avast! are you using... I have troubles with old ones and RealOne... Click the icon and 'About' to see the programa and the VPS version...  ;)

gremlin

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »
Thank you - My annoying pop up messages i described have stopped.  The 'detailed report action' in Standard Shield was still enabled. Simply un ticking this gave me the result i was looking for. Thanks for your persistance!  ;)

czjarl

Re: On Access Log Viewer
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »
This thread is 3 years old, but it helped me today!

I do not understand why there is nothing in the Home Avast Help about "On-Access Scanner Message". I started at 8:10, to try to get rid of those messages at the bottom of the screen, who eat about a third of he screen, not letting you work properly! It is now 9:32... YES...! ONE HOUR and 20 MINUTES, to find the answer to this simple annoyance. I do not think I would have found it so easily if it was not for Google's "Search Site" Service, who found this thread in the forum... I would have been looking for hours, YES, SURELY FOR HOURS AND HOURS before finding it among the hundreds of thousands messages threads in this forum!!!!!!!!

Thus, I SUGGEST:
- Mention something in the OFFLINE HELP, about this.
- Have an INDEX of all the topics in the forum, with search facility AND listing!!!

Anyway, I do not forget to THANK YOU! I just installed AVAST a few days ago. It found viruses that nor AVG, nor COMODO had found, it is quiet and discrete, it pauses immediately when you ask it to (not like AVG who ignores the cancel command!!!), It is not memory consuming... well, I like it!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 04:12:45 PM »
Did you try the Forums Search function (which I would hope would return more recent hits) available on every page of the forums ?

This function is off by default, so before tweaking avast you could read the avast help file (available off-line Help).

Glad that you have resolved the issue, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 06:01:34 PM »
 :)  Hi David :

I had never clicked "Advanced Search" prior to your post
      and the screen shot; I will use it a lot in the future rather
      than "regular" Search, for more specific items I might
      want to find . I always wondered why an Author "box"
      was not available, like it is so easily shown on other
       forums "regular" search function .

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »
So czjarl's post was helpful to you and hopefully others. The Advanced search is very powerful and you can get more meaningful results. I rarely use the other search function now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

pbritt

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 07:39:06 AM »
I installed avast! 4 a few days ago, and that On-Access Scanner Message has driven me crazy.  I found nothing in the off-line help or by searching to any variation of those four words on avast.com knowledgebase.  I did finally do a google search, and this was the first message that popped up.

My computer is now scanner-message free!  It would be nice if someone at avast covered it in their own help menus and knowledgebase site.  I'm glad I found this forum, because I was getting

Thanks for the info . . . even this many years later!

pb

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
Well the best option would have been not to enable this 'Show detailed info on performed actions' that I believe you are talking about.

- Standard Shield > Customize > Advanced - 'Show detailed info on performed actions' this option is off by default, so it would appear you have been tweaking avast without knowing the effect it will have. This function is also on the Web Shield and Internet Mail providers so you should also check those.

There is something in the off-line help, but I guess you need to know what you are searching for to find it.