Author Topic: Avast prevent NAS to hibernate !  (Read 11920 times)

REDACTED

Avast prevent NAS to hibernate !
« on: June 11, 2017, 07:06:27 PM »
I post now in Beta, problem not solved with beta.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=201245.0

AVAST (agent suspect action) make connection to NAS with bad user.. and it's prevent NAS to enter hibernation!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:29:49 PM by baudav »

REDACTED

Re: Avast prevent NAS to hibernate !
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »
not solved with 17.5.2300.
Avast tries to connect to NAS when up, and prevents disks to hibernate in the NAS.
already added exclusion in agent suspect action:
 C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts\*.lnk
 C:\Users\user\Desktop\Network\* (all network share in one folder excluded)
 C:\Users\user\Links\....lnk (excluse all network link)
 C:\Users\user\Voisinage réseau\*

no log, impossible to know what agents analyzed!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:39:27 PM »
An antivirus that creates more problem than what it prevents! Still not resolved

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 01:05:06 AM »
Which shield is causing the issue?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
The service aswbIDSAgent ("C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\x64\aswidsagenta.exe")
If stop this service, agent Suspect action is stopped and request to my NAS with bad login STOP.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »
The service aswbIDSAgent ("C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\x64\aswidsagenta.exe")
If stop this service, agent Suspect action is stopped and request to my NAS with bad login STOP.

aswbIDSAgent is the Behaviour Shield.

Could you disable the Behaviour Shield via Avast and check if the issue remains?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »
in french this name is 'Agent Actions Suspectes'.. and stop this agent without stop service not solve problem.

Add in this agent exception (see above) not solve.
Delete Avast, clean, install beta.. solve for more day, but it's same as before now.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »
Well you need to narrow it down to which shield is causing the issue .

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 08:09:17 PM »
You do not help. I already found.
Now I search another Anti-virus... There's more and more problem with Avast; And avast is more and more closed .. we no longer even know what is he doing.
For the moment, not found better (compare to avast if all basic service work, but actually must disable scan https,Behaviour Shield and service, wifi inspector work only if disable windows firewall; more time avast use too CPU and must stop/start all agents!). Chinese is doing well, but it does much more than antivirus.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 10:59:02 AM »
Hi, how frequently did you see this wake-up? I mean like "once a day" or "every 5 minutes" or constantly? It would make sense to see such behavior being caused by Wifi-inspector, but currently not sure what could Behaviour Shield do to cause this. I'll investigate in case you'll decide to give Avast a try in the future.

Added:
In case you try it again, could you provide us with a procmon log?
(download from here: https://live.sysinternals.com/Procmon.exe, run and start capturing events, wait for the NAS to wake-up and then choose File/Save)

Thanks a lot!

Lukas.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:05:16 AM by lukor »

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 11:14:39 AM »
I see attempts to access port 445 more than once per hour (via wireshark, or other tools to see process name) only when the NAS is accessible on the network. With hibernation disk set to 1hour, it never hibernate when computer is ON.
I already tested without install wifi inspector, but after more day, I reproduce the same problem.
I do not use network mounting, but shortcuts in the paths previously excluded from the analysis.

This day I continue to use AVAST, not found better, I continue test..
If you need new logs, in addition to those already sent in the previous topic (for the stable version). I have not yet removed AVAST on this PC

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 11:17:58 AM »
Please do as Lukor asked.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »
just a note, related to this topic: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=201245.0

I've verified with the Behav Shield team, they are investigating it, but so far it seems Behavior Shield does not touch any network resource unless the process that is being executed and inspected by behavior shield is opening files from that share or is being started from that path. They hope to find out more with the procmon log.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »

each hour, I see same; more access by avastUI, svc file/registry.. and aswidsagenta.exe and access to network by system account.

Wifi inspector is removed, Behaviour Shield is disabled but not removed.

(log-file.pml contains sensitive info, ipv6..  private ftp,email.. if necessary)

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »
remove Behaviour Shield in add/remove program for AVAST remove the service aswbIDSAgent, and now my NAS can hibernate.