Author Topic: Command Line Options  (Read 4858 times)

HurricaneAndrew

Command Line Options
« on: December 19, 2003, 02:31:37 AM »
Relatively new to Avast, I used it on an older Win98 machine that never gets much use, now I've let it creep onto the second boot partition of my main machine and kick out Norton.  What I'd like to be able to do though, is create a shortcut that I can begin a full thorough scan of my local drives, including scanning within archives.  I'm sure this is possible, but how?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Command Line Options
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 02:41:57 AM »
The command line options are present just in the Profesional version. See help file 'ashCmd Program' page.

Anyway, you can do an startup Scan (of memory, memory blocks and startup files):

"*MEMORY"  memory and memory blocks  
"*STARTUP"  startup applications and associated files

Making a link like this:

"C:\Arquivos de programas\Avast\Ashquick.exe" ashquick "*STRT-MEM-SHORT"
The best things in life are free.

HurricaneAndrew

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 05:52:52 AM »
Shoot.  So that feature isn't available in the Home Edition?  Oh well.  I guess you know you're getting lazy when you start looking for ways to eliminate a few mouse clicks.  Thanks for the quick response anyway!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 12:07:07 PM »
Well, you can create a shortcut to
ashQuick C:\ D:\ E:\
(whatever your local disks are), you get the scan of your local drives. However, you cannot set the "thoroughness" of the scan and the scanning of archives this way (since the option to configure the Explorer Extension task is also part of the Enhanced User Interface of the Professional version). I must admit I don't know what the default options are, but I doubt it scans archives.

HurricaneAndrew

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 12:23:12 AM »
Awesome.  Just what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 09:49:58 AM »
I must admit I don't know what the default options are, but I doubt it scans archives.

Just looking at ashQuick source code and it should be only Exec packer enabled...