Author Topic: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.807)  (Read 53210 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.807)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 11:08:31 AM »
Hm, another thing which is probably not related to beta directly (or is it?)

I thought VPS 0XXX-0 means the first update of the week, even though it's not the new week at all (it's sunday, though update shows 8.4 so saturday!)

And i think i've seen the same version yesterday.

Btw, looks like providers version is wrong after all. Or the one in About box. See the program version on picture above...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 11:17:47 AM »
RejZoR,

- VPS 0615-0 was released yesterday around midnight (that is, night from Saturday to Sunday)
- it does not show on the VPS history page because it doesn't have any new virus names in it (this has happened a couple of times in the past, already)
- while the rule that the "-0" VPS is always released first in a week generally holds, it's not an axiom. There are some technical reasons why we may choose to release a "-0" VPS e.g. on Saturday on Sunday  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »
Has update tray icon been fixed or is it still workin old way (showing on every update check instead just on actual VPS updates?)

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 12:50:40 PM »
Just installed the beta, works great here, exept for the things reported here :)
And one more thing, I've found one translation problem which appear only in the main program Window, the tooltip help is not correctly shown (well for the Bulgarian translation) Here's and screen shoot:

And I've noticed one new thing when a scan is in prograss i see this:
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Faith

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »
I already found the next error!!! One cannot access no more the container, which more imer terminated, with the error message: "0" that is the only one, which comes as Fehlermeldungt. One could access the system container and continues to stand there meanwhile nothing more in it, in the new version, there is still some suspect.

That is the error message of the virus container: Initialization of container files Action was terminated with errors! Program cannot use container Client: (zero) -- description: Access refuses Initialization of container files ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Program tries shop of all container files of the following server: (zero) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Action was terminated with errors!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 01:11:11 PM by Faith »

Faith

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 01:22:40 PM »
already the next error found: In the Avast log Viewer comes the following error message: - ACCESS ton of C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data\Log\Setup.log which denied

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »
Links in About dialog are dead (well they don't do anything and i doubt anyone want to type them letter by letter into browser address bar...)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 02:07:33 PM »
RejZoR,

Has update tray icon been fixed or is it still workin old way

Still old way, but I think this change will make to the release version.

Faith, I'm very sorry but I don't understand...

XMAS, have the tooltips worked before? (I mean in Bulgarian version, of course). Are the regional settings on your computer set to Bulgarian? (Control Panel -> Regional Settings) - or, are you using Bulgarian version of Windows?

and finally, RejZoR:

Links in About dialog are dead

It's been always like this, hasn't it...? :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Faith

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 02:19:55 PM »
RejZoR,

Has update tray icon been fixed or is it still workin old way

Still old way, but I think this change will make to the release version.

Faith, I'm very sorry but I don't understand...

XMAS, have the tooltips worked before? (I mean in Bulgarian version, of course). Are the regional settings on your computer set to Bulgarian? (Control Panel -> Regional Settings) - or, are you using Bulgarian version of Windows?

and finally, RejZoR:

Links in About dialog are dead

It's been always like this, hasn't it...? :)

Hello, no, I have the German version. And there there are still some inconsistencies. Property naehmlich again an error found, if I liked to examine a file manually, comes of avast a short PopUp and that it was it then, no report, absolutely nothing. I have a German Windows system with SP2

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »
Hm, basically i never checked them till now.
Maybe it would be smart to change "Register" link to "http://www.avast.com/home_reg/". The current one is way too complicated for anyone to retype it by hand. Just a hint :P

Faith

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2006, 03:07:02 PM »
again an error found and now becomes it genuinly annoying!!! If a virus is found (eicar e.g.) can to these into the quarantine is not shifted, since this function does not function absolutely. _ I ask me genuine, what it with the Programierung make have. You cannot rausgeben nevertheless beta, if IMPORTANT functions do not function, straight with the quarantine, sorry, but slept there you genuinly and only errors inserted!!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »
Faith, nobody forced you to install the beta, so please calm down a little.

You didn't provide much useful information to recognize the problem (if any).
So:
- what is the exact filename (path), as reported by avast?
- what is the exact error message?
- what is your operating system?
- what user are you logged on? (administrator or restricted)?
- how exactly are you scanning the file (on-demand, e.g. using Explorer Extension, or by the resident protection)?

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »
Thanks Alwil apart from the already mentioned glitches
Avast seems to be going a pretty good job on my system
I cann't seem to be able to download eicar  ??? ;)

Minor problem with Virus program start Splash screen still showing Version 4.6
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 05:00:51 PM by tednelly »
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Omar

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »
I installed the beta but windows security centre says:

"Authentium anti virus software might be out of date"

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »
I mean, the Internet Mail provider is still there, and filtering all email traffic. So if the spambot is really sending out spam, it should be detected (at least by the heuristics module)...

Perhaps we can agree that spambots really do send out spam.  I think I can recall one, maybe two, instance(s) of heuristics catching mass spam mailings reported in the forum.  I recall very many more indicated by the timeout warning.   Have the heuristics been modified in this release?
I can vouch for several occasions this has been reported on the forums under connection timeout, it is fairly frequent and not isolated as suggested. It is frequent enough to warrant having a typed reply to the problem to save continually retyping the same answer.
Quote from: Saved instruction Connection Timeout
Before we discuss how to deal with an Internet Connection Time out, we need to know why it happened and what caused it. Can you give the full information on the timeout warning or a screenshot.
Increase Internet Connection Timeout Delay

However, most of these timeout warnings have come from the email client, some did come from the avast timeout warning, if as Vlk states any avast warning would be handled by the email client (unless I'm mistaken ;D again) as they would be in sync so they would still get a warning, cryptic or otherwise.

Unfortunately, when this occurs we have to recommend installing ewido or a-squared to find the trojan that is sending the spam.

Wow, just finished downloading the beta update on dial-up, slooooooow.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security