Author Topic: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.807)  (Read 53209 times)

Faith

Re: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.807)
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »
Faith, nobody forced you to install the beta, so please calm down a little.

You didn't provide much useful information to recognize the problem (if any).
So:
- what is the exact filename (path), as reported by avast?
- what is the exact error message?
- what is your operating system?
- what user are you logged on? (administrator or restricted)?
- how exactly are you scanning the file (on-demand, e.g. using Explorer Extension, or by the resident protection)?

That is clear me, but it cannot be that you bring beta raus, where important functions do not function there, like the quarantine and container and I remain with the opinion that you proper slept there. Sorry is like that! but I do not give information, to before all the error messages, others give it, I continue to give it, as avast it me announce, more do not make I. which my operating system is, I already wrote, one should something read..... I have XPSP2 Professor and am as Admin on the way. the error messages come by the Resisdentschutz, in addition, by the program, if the quarantine not functioned and I can only delete the data. If the container generally does not function, if do not examine manual the file functioned and and and......

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2006, 03:31:38 PM »
You use online translation right, thats why it's a bit hard to understand what you mean exactly. avast! Chest appears to work fine on my PC.

Can you give us screenshot of the error?

When you see that error message, press Prt Scr button on keyboard, open MS Paint, press Ctrl and V buttons at the same time, save the image as JPG image and upload it here: http://www.imageshack.us/

Then give us the URL link (the last link that ImageShack will give you).
I think this will be the easiest way for you.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »
Another glitch, similar to the one in Standard Shield exclusions some time ago.

Open lets say browser (Firefox 1.5 in my case). Open this dialog for Web Shield URL blocking and click any existing entry or create new one. Now click on the Firefox taskbar button and then again avast!'s one.
URL Blocking list will be gone until you actually click on the object in the list.

However, list doesn't disapper if you don't click on it's elements or modify them prior taskbar program switching.
Just when you create/edit entries on that list.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 04:26:00 PM by RejZoR »

Faith

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »
You use online translation right, thats why it's a bit hard to understand what you mean exactly. avast! Chest appears to work fine on my PC.

When you see that error message, press Prt Scr button on keyboard, open MS Paint, press Ctrl and V buttons at the same time, save the image as JPG image and upload it here: http://www.imageshack.us/

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9884/040920061607078kg.jpg"

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8298/040920061615135wp.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5380/040920061618572yt.jpg

Virus found:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4466/040920061638039gi.jpg

so and if I liked to shift this virus now into the quarantine, then the following error message comes:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1861/040920061640510ky.jpg

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »
Thanks Faith. This will certanly help us alot :) Igor/Vlk, is it possible that this happens because it's a German version? I tried quarantine and it's working as usual. I have also been able to send EICAR sample into chect and also delete it from Chest later.
I'm using english avast! version and english Windows XP SP2.

EDIT:
I see you finally encrypted SMTP password for Chest. Thats good :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 04:49:55 PM by RejZoR »

justin1278

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2006, 05:25:40 PM »
Everything running smoothly for me. Noticed some small glitches but they have already been mentioned.

TAP

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »
- WinXP+: the Standard Shield now implements a nice new feature, "do not scan system libraries" (by default on). This should dramatically decrease the number of files scanned during computer boot. For now, it only works with XP SP2 in the following language versions English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Czech. And the English version of Windows 2003 Server

I really like this feature, it makes avast! extremely light as there's no real-time local file scanner. But finally, is it really safe to use this feature?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 05:40:33 PM by TAP »

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »
XMAS, have the tooltips worked before? (I mean in Bulgarian version, of course). Are the regional settings on your computer set to Bulgarian? (Control Panel -> Regional Settings) - or, are you using Bulgarian version of Windows?
The tooltip help(Bulgarian translation) was added with this version(beta). My regional settings are set to Bulgarian and I am using WinXP SP2 English version.As I said this happens only in the main Program window(Simple Interface). The tooltip help is working just fine in all other program windows. For example here's a screen shoot from the settings window:
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2006, 05:39:20 PM »
Is it possible that this happens because it's a German version?
Working ok with the Portuguese (Brazilian) version.

I see you finally encrypted SMTP password for Chest. Thats good :)
Great. At avast4.ini file I have
SMTPUserPassword=b?cGX#aVrytVnbw==

Links in About dialog are dead (well they don't do anything and i doubt anyone want to type them letter by letter into browser address bar...)
For me, like ever, only http://www.avast.com/ works. The other are dead, as ever been.
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »
I really like this feature, it makes avast! extremely light as there's no real-time local file scanner. But finally, is it really safe to use this feature?

Well, we believe so. But you can always turn it off (on the second page of Standard Shield configuration).

justin1278

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »
Hi,

I cannot add files to the virus chest in the enhanced user interface. See screenshot. I don't know if this is a glitch or if I am doing something wrong. But if I go to the Simple User Interface I can add chest files.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »
Well, we believe so. But you can always turn it off (on the second page of Standard Shield configuration).
Second page? Isn't it the first one?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2006, 05:58:21 PM »
Another glitch, similar to the one in Standard Shield exclusions some time ago.

Open lets say browser (Firefox 1.5 in my case). Open this dialog for Web Shield URL blocking and click any existing entry or create new one. Now click on the Firefox taskbar button and then again avast!'s one.
URL Blocking list will be gone until you actually click on the object in the list.

However, list doesn't disapper if you don't click on it's elements or modify them prior taskbar program switching.
Just when you create/edit entries on that list.
RejZoR, I tried to replicate this and no problems on my system. I only have one URL blocking path *.pif and doing as you suggested has no effect, firefox 1.5.1.

The one thing (improvement) I did notice was a greatly reduced number of files scanned on boot as many had previously asked/complained about to be improved. Down from 250 or > to after the reboot (after update) to 86 files scanned. So a slightly faster overall boot until the avast icon stops rotating. Lets see what happens when I tick the scan system dlls option on my next reboot.
Edit: Oops that was on by default on mine (seeing the image with it off I assumed that was the default setting) so there has been an improvement on boot with this beta update.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 06:04:49 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »
Second page? Isn't it the first one?
It's on the second page ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »
DavidR, as i said, it will only happen when you click any entry in that list and then switch to Firefox via taskbar.

I have these 3 entries listed (in the same order):
*.pif
*.scr
*.vbs

Works ok if you just open that menu and switch via taskbar.