Author Topic: Cloud Based server client  (Read 7011 times)

Offline dshetter

Cloud Based server client
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »
I have begun the process of migrating new clients to the Avast for Business Cloud that I was directed to as support for the previous version seems to have ended.

However without swapping to the paid option I can only download the windows .exe (workstations only). Which leaves me the option of leaving servers unprotected or using a separate AV for servers as opposed to workstations.

I gather from the other posts there has been heavy silence on the switch, but if anyone has a solution I would appreciate it. (I emailed the avast edu contact 10 days ago without response)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Cloud Based server client
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:05:54 PM »
There are no free products anymore for servers.
You will need to get a paid version.

People who had the free cloud based service are still able to download the Windows installer for clients, everything else is not possible.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Cloud Based server client
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »
There is much confusion for education products. As far as we can tell there is no more free for EDU.

However Avast still heavily discounts the products for the EDU sector, reach out to your local avast reseller and they can get you the discounted pricing.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay