Author Topic: install error, how do I change system administrator?  (Read 5655 times)

Candie

install error, how do I change system administrator?
« on: June 16, 2007, 05:49:10 PM »
I can't open up the set up file because I think am not my own system administrator, since someone set my comp. up so I couldn't mess things up, how can I change it so I can make changes?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: install error, how do I change system administrator?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 06:07:38 PM »
What exactly do you mean by "I can't open up the set up file" ?

If you have downloaded the avast program, setupeng.exe, do you mean you get an error when you double click it ?
If so what is the exact message ?

If it is your computer I would have though the account they set-up for should have administrator privileges, which is essential for installing many applications.

What Operating System are you using ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Candie

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 06:19:54 PM »
Thanx for your reply.
If you look in my last post it explains everything. I double clicked it and got error 1006 (000003EE), and did as it suggested by trying to to clear my cache by deleting my Temporary Internet files andwhen I tried nothing happened and it said "some settings are managed by your system administrator". I had someone else set it up for me and made it to where I couldn't mess it up again.
Now I can't remember how to change it back to me, so I can make changes.

Candie

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:23:23 PM »
Using Windows XP Pro SP 2.  Please help me, I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:14:01 PM »
I don't think your problem is administrator related. I didn't read your other Topic, which is why I asked the questions and this may have been better being with that original \topic.

I did a forum search for error 1006 (000003EE) and it returns many hits this one may shine some light on the problem depending on your motherboard and if it has a firewall.

"NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager" sounds like it... (that's what's commonly refered to as the "NVIDIA firewall").
or
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=22701.0.

If not repeat the search in the avast 4 Home/Pro forum
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 12:51:08 AM »
I think am not my own system administrator
If you're not the administator, you can't install avast.
Please, ask the guy that had configurated your system to install it for you.

If you look in my last post it explains everything.
Well, not really... we're just trying to help...

I double clicked it and got error 1006 (000003EE)
If you download the file again and being logged in an account with admin rights, will it work?
The best things in life are free.

Candie

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
To anyone who tried to help me, Thank You... I am not exactly sure what I did to get it to work, I went in and changed myself to Administrator and used my CCleaner to get rid of my Temporary Internet files.
I then reinstalled it and all is fine. I used a LOT of good advice here from past and present.
Thanks,
Candie!!
P.S. All you guys from Avast, thanks for answering so quickly when I was in distress.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »
Your welcome.

I'm not sure how you changed yourself to an Administrator, you can't do that if your account was a limited user account, unless you logged on as 'The Administrator' and changed your limited user account to administrator group.

That however, is of little importance provided everything is working fine now.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
All you guys from Avast, thanks for answering so quickly when I was in distress.
Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to share experience with other avast users 8)
The best things in life are free.