Author Topic: Avast acting up AGAIN!  (Read 1873 times)

Offline jvidal

Avast acting up AGAIN!
« on: June 17, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »
Avast started doing stupid things again!
I wanted to play a remake of Bruce Lee (an old 8 bit classic), so I ran the executable and to my surprise, it didn't open and after a few seconds, it crashed. The exe disappeared. I immediately suspected avast and went to the virus chest to find out that the exe was moved to it, classified as "IDP. Generic". Again, absolutely no warning, no notifications, NOTHING. Avast just decided to delete it. Fortunately, this time it only killed this file and didn't start killing other programs, like on previous occasions. The strange things start now: I restored the file from the vault and deleted the program's config file (thinking it may have been corrupted) and now it opened, but in windowed mode (which is the default mode, since I deleted the config file). I tried to switch it to full screen and avast killed it again.
So, the issue here is WHY THE HELL does a program work perfectly in windowed mode and it magically becomes a virus when ran in full screen??? It's the same program, for god's sake!!!!!!!
Btw, I have played this game millions of times before and it was all good, now suddenly avast decided to flag it as a virus (which is, of course, another false positive), but only in full screen mode.
Really starting to get sick of avast!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:20:51 PM by jvidal »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast acting up AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:06:22 PM by Eddy »

Offline jvidal

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »
It's not the exact same issue, very similar though. That's why I decided to start a new one..But, if you say so...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:22:41 PM »
Also Moroni is waiting for your answer here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?msg=1401777
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:24:29 PM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0