Author Topic: Can't reinstall the same Avast!  (Read 2719 times)

REDACTED

Can't reinstall the same Avast!
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »
Hi,

My problem started when I tried to install Avast Premier (offline trial version) on Windows XP SP3, Gigabyte H61M-S2P.
I uninstalled Avast Internet Security, then found offline Avast Premier didn't work because of downloading problem and it needs to be re-downloaded!

At this point, I decided to reinstall Avast Internet Security, but I couldn't. I don't know why!
Nothing I changed: same Win XP SP3 (32bit), same Motherboard, same Drivers, same Win Updates.

Did these steps:
Format C, installed: Win, Motherboard drivers, Win updates, DirectX Jun10, DirectX SDK 9.29.1962, Java Re-8u121, Visual C++ (2008, 2010, 2013)

Then tried to install Avast Internet Security but same result: An error happened while installing.. And here is the "Setup Log"
Please Help!

One last thing, please give me a trusted link to download Avast Premier Offline version.. Thank you

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can't reinstall the same Avast!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »
One last thing, please give me a trusted link to download Avast Premier Offline version.. Thank you   
Latest version/download links are always found in the sticky post at top of this forum section

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »
Offline installation is officially no longer supported on Vista and XP because new CEF (only one boundled in offline installer because of size) is not supported there and the online installer will download the correct CEF version.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 12:53:11 PM »
Latest version/download links are always found in the sticky post at top of this forum section

Thank you Pondus. I got the link.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
Offline installation is officially no longer supported on Vista and XP because new CEF (only one boundled in offline installer because of size) is not supported there and the online installer will download the correct CEF version.

Hi, Asyn

I'm not an expert, so please make it simpler..
Can I download this CEF Version for once and use it offline before installing Avast products or something?!
My problem I don't have internet all the time, just some days every month, for this I need offline apps all the time!

Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »
You can download it, but you will need to be a programmer if you want to use it.
CEF is Chromium Embedded Framework

It is not something you simply download and install like a application.

To say it real simple :
You will need the CEF and the Chromium source code.
Embed the CEF into Chromium and then start programming the GUI for avast.
That last one is never gonna happen as you don't work for avast.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:07:07 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
Yes, I got it.
Thank you for your care
Have a good day

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 02:03:33 PM »
In all short, you need to use the online installer on XP.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0