Author Topic: Automatically recharged and NOT HAPPY!  (Read 1747 times)

REDACTED

Automatically recharged and NOT HAPPY!
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »
A few days ago I discovered that my PayPal account had been automatically debited for the 'renewal' of Avast, a service which I did not want and do not use.  I gave no authorisation for this transaction and did not wish to have it made.  I have used Avast in the past, but am using other software presently.  Nevertheless, having seen the money gone from my account (at a most inconvenient time), I decided that I might as well use the software, and tried to install it.  However, according to my account I don't have any licenses to activate!  So what was I just charged seventy dollars for, then?

I have tried to reach someone from Avast in other ways, but the 'reply' services are now apparently all automated and directed me towards telephone numbers which I am warned I will or may be charged further large sums for the privilege of speaking to someone from Avast to resolve the company's own mistake.  Besides this effrontery, going around in circles in this manner has cost me quite a bit of time that I can ill afford at the moment.

What I want to do is to cancel my subscription now, completely and forever, so that there will never be another automatic renewal of this sort.  If I had known about this I would never have consented to it.  As things stand I suspect that I may have been charged in this manner last year, for software which once again I never used as I am now paying for other software as well as, unconsentingly, for this one.

Someone please simply direct me to an email service where I can have this unwanted 'service' cancelled and obtain a refund without hours of further BS.  I am extremely annoyed, in case you haven't noticed, and I cannot either speak or think of Avast in a friendly way at the moment.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Automatically recharged and NOT HAPPY!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 05:25:51 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »
As it is the auto-renewal (aka continues protection), you have chosen to take it.
That means you have given permission for the transaction.

Please (re)search before posting as this (and many other things) have already been explained many times before.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:33:56 PM »
^ frankly after going around in circles for bloody hours I was in no mood to investigate the issue any further on this board.  Also, the auto-renewal option doesn't explain why I don't actually have a license available, despite having been charged for one.  Not that it matters, hopefully, as I have now turned auto-renewal off and applied for a refund.  I hope I get it soon.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »
You can find your licenses (if you have them) in your avast account.