Author Topic: SecureLine VPN Problems with Gmail and Outlook.com  (Read 6290 times)

REDACTED

SecureLine VPN Problems with Gmail and Outlook.com
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:28:46 AM »
Hello,

New Avast VPN customer.  About to cancel.  Experiencing significant problems sending/receiving email from Gmail AND Outlook.com with VPN connected.  Disconnect and everything works fine.  Researched this topic extensively on the web and Avast forum.  No fixes to be found for OSX.  Uninstalled/reinstalled VPN.  Errors include: cannot connect with DNS servers, bla, bla, bla.  Tried resetting the SMC several times and still not working.

1)  What Gmail and Outlook.com servers (IP addresses) have been whitelisted by Avast so VPN can be used with webmail?
2)  Is there a way to change this using browser-based UI for Gmail and Outlook.com, or do I need to configure with a client?  If client, please provide settings to adjust for Apple Mail and Calendar.
3)  What else can/should be done to make Avast VPN work seamlessly with Gmail and/or Outlook.com without having to disconnect VPN.  Disconnecting defeats the purpose.

Thanks,
Jetster

Hardware: Macbook Pro
OSX: El Capital
Browsers: Chrome and Safari
Updates: Current on everything

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: SecureLine VPN Problems with Gmail and Outlook.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:57:32 PM »
I have the same problem. Forwarded to Avast team, but still no solution after several days already...  :(

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 12:59:04 PM »
What's interesting is that I only noticed this a few weeks (2?) ago... VPN+Outlook on Mac seemed to work fine at the beginning (for at least a few months I did not notice this issue).

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
questions about Secureline VPN should be raised in appropriate board - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=81.0 . I'm closing this topic to avoid more questions in Mac Antivirus board.
You can help the developers with generating support package, it collects logs to identify the issue - "Help > Avast technical support > Generate support package".
Quality is also a feature.